What did Santa bring?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my main presents in October. I got a whole brewing setup from ahb and an entertainment center for my living room.

Today i got a beer mug that has my initials on it and the USAF logo engraved on the back if it. A total of 10 normal beer mugs, a calander that is a page a day with a diff beer each day. Shiner bock and shiner dunkelweisen t shirts and a shinder bock hat.

Non beer related I got a USAF folding chair, a huge book about the USAF, a calander with pictures of my 07 mustang gt, and a long sleeve shirt.

Oregon Scientific Weather Station with remote sensor. I figure I can buy another sensor later and use it in my fermentation chamber to monitor temperatures. Also one of those wireless meat thermometers and a 4-pack of pint glasses.

A couple carboy haulers
Designing great beers book
March Pump (now I need to figure out where all I can use it).

^ I think that's Orfy's line.

Anyway, I got my first better bottle. It's pretty much infinitely better than a glass carboy. I don't know how the glass carboy companies have any business at all.

Also, I got a Giant TCR Advanced 2 road bike.
tcradvanced2redwhiteko8.jpg

It's the same line of bikes that that T-Mobile team rides. I can't wait until it stop snowing so I can take it out. I test road it about a month ago at the shop, and I had no idea a bike could be that comfortable. That carbon absorbs every bump in the road, not to mention how well it rides. It practically jumps out from under you on the sprints, and responds instantly on the turns. Best bike I've ever owned.

The kegs in the 'tree' I already had, but the conical is new (from Red), and the beers came from Seabee John :ban:

KegTree

Yes, I do have a regular tree, too. I just couldn't resist! I'll probably leave this one up longer than the dead pine!!

Well jester, since you posted a picture of it (is it a 14.5 gallon one?) then i dont need to post a pic of min as it looks virtually the same. I have not had time to put mine together yet due to the amount of barbie crap i have to assemble but i love my 14.5 blichmann conical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and a LHBS certificate!

A $50 Amazon certificate, which I think I will put towards a Mr. Beer kit (I know, I know), and some B/W film developer.

$150 SWMBO approved dollars to spend at the LHBS, Extreme Brewing by Sam Calagione from me Ma, REI giftcards, and other backpacking stuff.

Beer related stuff
A sign for the Bar
sign.jpg

And a couple of hand etched pilsner glasses. The wife had them put Vreeland Brew. Wont get them for another week or two but I'll let you know how they turn out.

Subscriptions to BYO, Wired and Time
New workbench for the garage
New Futurama movie DVD
Ruger 10/22

One Chrome Stout faucet
One chrome standard faucet
Two 2" shanks (getting ready to build my roller kegerator)
Two goofy ass tap handles (which I'll never use)
and the best...

$150 in gift certificates to Midwest... :ban:

A Food Saver for sealing up hops, a renewed subscription to BYO and Fine Woodworking, and misc. other stuff, including a $50 gift card to Starbucks that I am going to try to sell to a brother in law so that I can get money to go spend at the LHBS, including getting Jamil's book.

I have a fantastic Santa... he brought me the diamond earrings i wanted!
No new brew gear but we did get all the stuff for the next two batches!

Das Boot! I got a big 1 Liter Glass Boot

machine_boots.jpg

I've already used it

LoL, total suprise...my cousin knows me so well

no Brewing Classic Styles :( guess i'll have to buy it myself :)

time to hit up amazon...

DeathBrewer said:
Das Boot! I got a big 1 Liter Glass Boot

machine_boots.jpg

FYI: The correct term is Stiefel (STEE-fell) or "the boot" in English.

"Das Boot" means "the boat"...totally something different. :D

Brewing related I got a lighted Guinness sign for the bar (which I haven't built yet)
Another year to BYO
Waiting for 60 test tube vials and rack to show up in the mail...
A couple new stir bars
Paulaner bar towel...still waiting for the Irish flag bar towel...

These are just some of the more notable things Santa brought this year:

Some AWESOME flannel slippers

A new propane burner and 30qt Aluminium pot (All grain here I come)

"Land Of Amber Waters: The history of brewing in Minnesota"

A nice new box cutter

:mug:

I got the 6.5gal carboy like I thought. Also got a William's IPA kit that's on the stove right now. Along with that is a big stainless brew spoon, and a yeast starter kit. Just need to make myself a stirplate now.

Other incidentals included a Hurst classis shift knob for my '68 Mustang, a timing belt set for my Mustang SVO, and a really nice Buck Woodsman knife with the wood handle and brass accents. W00t! :rockin: EDIT: Forgot about the Frank Zappa: Strictly Commercial CD. :D

Yuri_Rage said:
$50 to spend at Jeg's (hot rod/race shop)
A scissors-type knurling tool with fine and medium rollers
A set of machinist's 1-2-3 setup blocks

And...the big score...the rest of my "Harley tax":
A Yost carb kit and Küryakyn high performance air filter kit
You play with cars, bikes, machine shop equipment, and are a homebrewer? I thought I was the only one that did all of that!

Brew Runner said:
You play with cars, bikes, machine shop equipment, and are a homebrewer? I thought I was the only one that did all of that!
If you think about it, there ought to be more of us...

If you have tools and work on cars/bikes, you are a bigtime DIY guy, and you likely have the ability to build yourself some kick ass brew equipment.

Beer Stuff: New bottle tree, now I can dry 90 bottles! :) and a beer recipe book.

Non Beer Stuff: PS3 + games and bluerays Now I have another way to avoid my family. ;)

I got 2 to add

1 set of Guinness pub glasses

and 1 Mr. Beer Refill kit!!! Since all 3 of the little cans "makes 6 gallons" think I'm gonna mix em all together add some leftover hops and make 4-5 gallons. Its a Weizenbier, pale ale, and "Vienna Lager" how you're spose to lager at 68-76 degrees I don't know, but thats what the instructions say. All these are spose to be 3.7% ABV SRM of 3 and 10-14 IBU.

it's all going in the same pot, less water to bring up OG and more hops to bring up IBU (I got .25oz Chinook and .5oz of cascade and Willamette each), think I'll call it Mr. Mystery Lawn Mowing Beer.

homebrewer_99 said:
FYI: The correct term is Stiefel (STEE-fell) or "the boot" in English.

"Das Boot" means "the boat"...totally something different. :D

Yes, but Das Boot is much funnier.

"I'm sorry I got angry, it's this boat...I had a bad experience once..."

:D

Reverend JC said:
Well jester, since you posted a picture of it (is it a 14.5 gallon one?) then i dont need to post a pic of min as it looks virtually the same. I have not had time to put mine together yet due to the amount of barbie crap i have to assemble but i love my 14.5 blichmann conical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and a LHBS certificate!

I forgot to add the foodsaver for all of those mass hop purchases that i got as well.

SWMBO put together an AWESOME gift for me. I came across this guy who sings modern songs of all styles in a lounge sound. It's hillarious when he does hip hop songs like barry manilow!! Anyways, we went to Chi-town to see a concert earlier this year, and it was fantastic!! he signed a CD for us after the show. So SWMBO emailed him to get him to sign a poster from the Chicago show. He did and she put together a shadowbox with the poster, cd case and our tickets. I love the effort she put into it. Makes me feel REALLY loved:)

http://www.myspace.com/richardcheese

shafferpilot said:
SWMBO put together an AWESOME gift for me. I came across this guy who sings modern songs of all styles in a lounge sound. It's hillarious when he does hip hop songs like barry manilow!! Anyways, we went to Chi-town to see a concert earlier this year, and it was fantastic!! he signed a CD for us after the show. So SWMBO emailed him to get him to sign a poster from the Chicago show. He did and she put together a shadowbox with the poster, cd case and our tickets. I love the effort she put into it. Makes me feel REALLY loved:)

http://www.myspace.com/richardcheese

Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine are teh tits! They've gone overlooked for far too long.

Beer related, I got:
6 pils glasses.
The Homebrewer's Recipe Guide.
$25 gift card to BevMo.
3-gallon vanilla mead kit, including bottled water.
$25 to spend on my hobby from the eldest daughter. Bought a 5-gallon carboy, carboy cap, and carrier.

Yuri_Rage said:
If you think about it, there ought to be more of us...

If you have tools and work on cars/bikes, you are a bigtime DIY guy, and you likely have the ability to build yourself some kick ass brew equipment.

The term "rare breed" comes to mind. I'm a little short on lathes and mills, but tools and other equip are close at hand. Being broke means I do everything myself and I hate doing things twice, so I try to do it right the first time. Lesson learned when I turbocharged and fuel injected a lawn tractor engine. :drunk:

To keep this on topic, I forgot that I also got down jacket. :D First windbreaker I have owned that's worth a damn.

My awesome wife got me some replacement supplies (6.5 Gal Bucket Fermenter), 5 Gal Better Bottle, and a Flat Tire clone kit from midwest. My son gave me a Build-a-Bear Dog with my son's voice recorded so it says "I love you daddy" when I press it's paw. The kids had a wonderful Christmas, and that's worth alot!

Oh yea I almost forgot I'm on vacation for 9 straight days!:ban: and I start a new MUCH MORE REWARDING LESS STRESSFUL job on Jan 14th.... :fro: It's great to be me!:mug:

Daughter got me a case of assorted craft brews. My son made a tap handle for my kegerator. Also scored an assortment of different style beer glasses and other beer swag. For only being in this a year, everyone seems to know where my head is at!

And this from the SWMBO. (Already posted this pic in another thread, but I REALLY like it :ban: )

beer sign 2.jpg

XMAS 2007 (83).jpg

Back