What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E961FD1B-886C-4453-B2BF-378B9365E299.jpeg
Silky cream of asparagus soup.

Made two thin crust pizzas last night that turned out excellent and took ZERO pictures :(

Kid coming tonight for his birthday dinner tonight. Wife told me after we were home from the grocery on Saturday. He wants bread pudding for desert, so I baked french bread yesterday. Turned out very tasty, but I should have done a better job shaping it.
IMG_6348.jpg

Also did a white chicken chili with cannellini beans that is just wonderful and super easy.

IMG_6346.jpg

Lunch was octopus and potatoes in a lemon/oil sauce/vinaigrette type thing : )
PXL_20210421_191028253.jpg

Lemon blueberry cake (from scratch) with blueberry compote in the middle. I am letting it firm up in the fridge for a bit, so might have a slice later or tomorrow ... we'll see. Anywhoot - practicing for my wife's graduation. I'm gonna make a cake.

No proper icing tips so I just used a gallon ziploc and a rubber spatula.
PXL_20210421_234211732.PORTRAIT.jpg

@TwistedGray Dude! Wegmans and salt potatoes in one post! I grew up in Syracuse and we used to eat salt potatoes all the time in the summer w/ corn on the cob and stuff, great excuse for lots of butter. I still miss Wegmans, and the local sweet corn, can't find it as good anywhere I've lived.

@TwistedGray Dude! Wegmans and salt potatoes in one post! I grew up in Syracuse and we used to eat salt potatoes all the time in the summer w/ corn on the cob and stuff, great excuse for lots of butter. I still miss Wegmans, and the local sweet corn, can't find it as good anywhere I've lived.

Trying living in California, lol ;)

I can't tell you the number of arguments/debates I get into when it comes down to salt potatoes.

Trying living in California, lol ;)

I can't tell you the number of arguments/debates I get into when it comes down to salt potatoes.

I don't know who I feel worse for, you in California, or me outside Detroit... One of the local grocery stores here calls them black and white cookies. Yeah, no. Every time I go in there, I tell them, you have the wrong name for those cookies, they're half-moon cookies, not black and white cookies, morons. Sorry Sinefield but you were still totally wrong back then. Period. (pic is not mine btw, found it on the interwebs for illustration)

1619204367473.png

I don't know who I feel worse for, you in California, or me outside Detroit... One of the local grocery stores here calls them black and white cookies. Yeah, no. Every time I go in there, I tell them, you have the wrong name for those cookies, they're half-moon cookies, not black and white cookies, morons. Sorry Sinefield but you were still totally wrong back then. Period. (pic is not mine btw, found it on the interwebs for illustration)

View attachment 726782

I watch pretty much all of the baking competition shows, and in the spring baking championship (I think this is where I saw these) they, too, called them black and white cookies, fwiw.

View attachment 726782
There is a NY black and white cookie and that isn’t it.

Those look like some large pierogi! Why mess around making small ones. Cabbage/kraut are my favorite, along with mushroom. Na Zdrowie!
My hubby didn’t complain, LOL! They look big, but they aren’t really. Used a pint glass to cut the dough and a small cookie scoop for the filling. Mrs T’s are smaller.

I put these on the pizza thread, but will repeat them here. Really fast pizza dough (3 hours), rolled between parchment paper, the baked on a steel at 550. Mozzarella, Monterrey Jack, Provolone, Cheddar, and Parmesan cheese. Meat pizza has Calabrese, Pepperoni, and Calabrian chilies. Just love those chilies!
IMG_6372.jpg
IMG_6373.jpg

Latest posts

Back