What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cooked chicken meat but I cant figure out how to post a pic with this new iPhone XR.

Last edited:
75E150F4-4A07-4EA1-817D-2F6CF6D487C6.jpeg
357E4A3F-F004-4CA1-91C2-7FC4353A9D2F.jpeg

Cornish hens, potatoes roasted in olive oil and fresh cauliflower.

I made the best meatloaf today with 24 ounces of grass-fed beef and 32 ounces of ground venison. Best meatloaf ever! Also homemade mushroom gravy and mashed cauliflower. Happy tummy!

Im with you on that. Meatloaf with mushroom gravy flat out rocks. Never was a fan of meatloaf topped with ketchup. Makes a wicked sammie for later too.
f0mbbXZ.jpg

The wife is gone for the next week but these are going to be fired up when she gets back. At least one of them anyways...
View attachment 620884

Popsicle time though [emoji4]
View attachment 620885

We love these on the charcoal grill after a short marination in rosemary and amino acid.

Edit: although I assumed they were lamb at first but not so sure now.

The all clad pan is so cool. Pictures don't really show how tasty this was. Flank steak seared and removed. 2 tbl butter 1 flour and milk for simple sauce. Seasoned and juices added back into. Air fryer little potatoes that were squirted with evoo and splashed with kosher salt. Homemade bread and la seur peas.
20190406_173744.jpeg
20190406_173152.jpeg
20190406_173242.jpeg

View attachment 620869

Jesus Christ last time I spend $9 on a 8lb piece of meat. Needed a band saw to break this down. Had to improvise.
If you buy that at a supermarket, have them knock the chine bone off for you on THEIR bandsaw - then you can cut down through each chop! Most of them are happy to do that for you.

Otherwise roast it whole and then cut the meat off the bone to serve. Or just cut the meat off the bone raw and then cut into boneless loin chops. [former butcher in another life 40 years ago!]

If you buy that at a supermarket, have them knock the chine bone off for you on THEIR bandsaw - then you can cut down through each chop! Most of them are happy to do that for you.

Otherwise roast it whole and then cut the meat off the bone to serve. Or just cut the meat off the bone raw and then cut into boneless loin chops. [former butcher in another life 40 years ago!]

Yah I didn’t realize it had a chine bone the way it was packaged. Hack saw was terribly inefficient.

I ended up cutting it in half with the hack saw, then cutting the meat off the bone. Made 2 roasts. Broke one roast into chops.

Last edited:
No pics but I cooked 2 racks of baby backs in the Instant Pot. Seasoned them up then put them in with 1 cup water, 1/2 cup cherry juice, and a splash of liquid smoke. Pressure cooked for 20 minutes followed by a 15 minute natural release. Then onto the grill to caramelize some KC style BBQ sauce.
Fall off the bone tender.

Tomato salad. It's a great side for any dish. Tomatoes, cukes, artichoke hearts, black olives, basil, mozzerella. When ready to serve, drench with a little olive oil and a bunch of balsamic vinegar. It's really easy, and a very tasty side, especially with salmon. Not shown, wild rice and wheat rolls.

I want you guys to make this, it's just so tasty.

upload_2019-4-7_21-52-40.png

upload_2019-4-7_21-53-31.png

Mom and sister came by for a late celebration. Mom called it a Cobb salad. I would call it a salad for a princess. Not pictured gorgonzola, the lettuce mix and multiple dressings. Ranch, thousand island, vinaigrette, and blue cheese. The quality of everything was nice. Cherub tomatoes, Wright bacon, and free range chicken. Nom nom nom.
20190407_120714.jpeg

Latest posts

Back