What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melana, you helped to refine the recipes & hence the menu; Thanks again!
I'd have sent you a plate of everything if I could've.
Regards, GF. :mug:

Sun was Brew Day on the Big Deck and the Brew Crew runs on BBQ so I did ribs

image-1660586348.jpg

image-2278400705.jpg

image-3630596275.jpg

image-3790520053.jpg

Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin and Pineapple Skewers for supper

image-1821350416.jpg

image-3360610454.jpg

And Grilled Meatballs for munchies later on

image-1014548663.jpg

image-3347968766.jpg

image-3846905847.jpg

Attachments

• image-279916827.jpg
    image-279916827.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 255
Was supposed to make some Chicken and Rice soup in the crock pot but it didn't fit our schedule this weekend. I'll try and put it all together tonight to cook all day tomorrow.

My squash soup.

Butternut squash soup? My SIL makes a pumpkin soup several times during pumpkin season, but her latest was made with white pumpkins & we all noticed a different flavour between the regular orange pumpkin & the white. The white had a flavour more like a spaghetti squash than a pumpkin. A little surprising, but still quite tasty.
Regards, GF.

gratus fermentatio said:
Butternut squash soup? My SIL makes a pumpkin soup several times during pumpkin season, but her latest was made with white pumpkins & we all noticed a different flavour between the regular orange pumpkin & the white. The white had a flavour more like a spaghetti squash than a pumpkin. A little surprising, but still quite tasty.
Regards, GF.

I actually used buttercup. Nice dry texture.

Hello folks,

Several hundred threads back, I recall reading one fella using his spent grains to bake with. This kinda caught me by surprise. What kind of bread would you make from grains from something that's been boiled for a hour?

I do like to cook up a good meal so this kinda sparked a bit of curiosity.

Ken

bigken462 said:
Hello folks,

Several hundred threads back, I recall reading one fella using his spent grains to bake with. This kinda caught me by surprise. What kind of bread would you make from grains from something that's been boiled for a hour?

I do like to cook up a good meal so this kinda sparked a bit of curiosity.

Ken

Any type really. From traditional yeasted loaves to soda breads. It's all good. What do you like?

LaFinDuMonde said:
Nice! Recipe, please. :D

I didn't use a recipe.... Basic dough, white flour, bread yeast (not sourdough), butter, and leftover wort from my rye IPA run for just this purpose.

Got some bread soup going with last weeks stale Italian loaf. Good stuff, and a good way to use up stale bread. Didn't hurt that we had some chicken and turkey stock that needed to be used.

image-3185340659.jpg

Also got some fresh shrimp stock made (finding shrimp w/heads in Pittsburgh was way harder than I expected).

image-3979176131.jpg

Got some bread soup going with last weeks stale Italian loaf. Good stuff, and a good way to use up stale bread. Didn't hurt that we had some chicken and turkey stock that needed to be used.

View attachment 160946

Also got some fresh shrimp stock made (finding shrimp w/heads in Pittsburgh was way harder than I expected).

View attachment 160947

I need to look into this, I bake bread regularly and quite often have a heal left over, I love soups in the cooler weather, I see this in my future :D

Aside from cornbread and rolls, I've never had fresh home made bread sraight from the oven, but I do love sourdogh bread. I'm a bean n taters kinda feller. Was raised by some awesome parents and grandparents who sent me to the chicken coop on many occasions to fetch up a chicken or two. Fried taters, okra, black eyed peas, hot steaming pan of cornbread. All made from the love and hard work of those who raised me. Feeling blessed just to be able to type something like this.

Ken

Aside from cornbread and rolls, I've never had fresh home made bread sraight from the oven, but I do love sourdogh bread. I'm a bean n taters kinda feller. Was raised by some awesome parents and grandparents who sent me to the chicken coop on many occasions to fetch up a chicken or two. Fried taters, okra, black eyed peas, hot steaming pan of cornbread. All made from the love and hard work of those who raised me. Feeling blessed just to be able to type something like this.

Ken

Sounds like the kinda meals we like around here. I even made spent grain buttermilk biscuits to go with that as well. Boiled sliced taters cooked,then drain off most of the water & add butter,salt.pepper & parsley to get that thin gravy like sauce on the taters. got that one from Dad & relatives in WV.

Hmm, great thread. Would have taken pictures, but didn't know this existed.

Saturday started my sauerkraut for thanksgiving, and made beef, spinach and ricotta ravioli from homemade pasta.

Sunday was fried chicken with mashed potatoes and braised kale.

Back