What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B9087D11-B86A-4E10-9A89-3989BFD01D0A.jpeg

Cold rainy day, so this split pea soup hit the spot. Fried kielbasa slices to garnish.

Merry - not only are those muffins a work of art but your STOVE! Oh man I am so jealous!!
Ah, you know what you’re looking at! Here she is in all her glory shortly after installation. Most people would have invested in a commercial style range, but I wanted an antique. No regrets
FDC935FB-4189-45CB-9AAF-770F02AACD61.jpeg

Last edited:
That is SO COOL! Was it retrofit or restored? I always wanted one just like that.
Thanks, she certainly is a focal point and conversation starter! A restored stove circa 1920ish with a safety switch for the oven pilot light. There is a company that makes reproductions of an older model (Elmira) which is a totally modern range with the look, bot not the feel of its antique parentage.

Wow. That is a work of art. Seems like you are putting it to good use.
Thanks, Az. This is well used, bread, holiday meals and beer are cooked with this range. It isn’t easy to keep clean, though with many areas that “catch” grease, but the daisy burners are mint for distributing the heat and I can really control the level of the flame.

View attachment 820273
Lamb chop, salad with beets, goat cheese, tomatoes and cucumber with a slice of toasted home baked sourdough. Dinner for one and I couldn’t be more satisfied. Hubby will not eat lamb.
That looks phenomenal, invite me and I'll eat his lamb chops and goat cheese with great pleasure. And salad without beets is boring.

Thanks, Corky. You just hit his other dislikes on the plate, but I’ll put beets on his salad anyway. It’s healthy.
We're leaving the country for 3 months tomorrow, but I couldn't leave without planting a garden. I tried to not plant, but it's in my DNA. I have a pretty dependable auto watering drip system and a friend who will check on it periodically. But I only plant the essentials: tomatoes, carrots, squash, zukes, onions/garlic, and of course 2 huge rows of BEETS for the fall. And lots of pumpkins for winter soup.

Morel season here in Michigan.
Dried rubbed venison loin with potato, morel, fiddle heads, white wine, garden chive and ramp butter sauce.
Grilled lamb sirloin with wild asparagus, morels, grilled ramps and chimichurri.

Attachments

• IMG_3160.jpg
    IMG_3160.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Morel season here in Michigan.
Dried rubbed venison loin with potato, morel, fiddle heads, white wine, garden chive and ramp butter sauce.
Grilled lamb sirloin with wild asparagus, morels, grilled ramps and chimichurri.

Morel season here, but I'm always reluctant to drive 3+ hours to go hunting for them.

IMG_0685.jpeg
IMG_0687.jpeg
IMG_0688.jpeg
IMG_0689.jpeg

Did the ribs on the WSM yesterday. I spend the morning replacing the fan, the door toggle and the igniter on the Fast Eddy to get her back in working condition. Then made personal meatloaf (mini loaf pans) and roasted Brussel sprouts in her and to go along with mashed potatoes. Sorry no pics of that team.

Mexican dark lager to go with both meals.

View attachment 821201View attachment 821202View attachment 821203View attachment 821204

Did the ribs on the WSM yesterday. I spend the morning replacing the fan, the door toggle and the igniter on the Fast Eddy to get her back in working condition. Then made personal meatloaf (mini loaf pans) and roasted Brussel sprouts in her and to go along with mashed potatoes. Sorry no pics of that team.

Mexican dark lager to go with both meals.
Fries look like money. Frozen or homemade?

Doing some meal prep for work lunches this week. All done on my blackstone. A few flat iron steaks, sweet potatoes, sweet red pepper and will add some rice when I heat it up. How’d I do on the steak?

steak looks great right now. When ever I do left over steak especially microwaved; the spuds get heated separately from the steak then throw the steak on top and give it a warming in the mic...i get the sides hot first before even thinking about warming the steak.

steak looks great right now. When ever I do left over steak especially microwaved; the spuds get heated separately from the steak then throw the steak on top and give it a warming in the mic...i get the sides hot first before even thinking about warming the steak.
Good call. I heated it all at once yesterday, still tasted good but today I'll make sure to follow this advice. Thanks!

Company BBQ included 3 racks beef ribs, 8 racks baby backs and 3 pork butts (pulled). Just the smoker pics. Others made lots of skirt steak, chicken, shrimp sides and desserts etc
IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0696.jpeg

The butts were done over the weekend, pulled, sauced, vacuum sealed, frozen and then reheated in the Anvil Foundry (sous vide style). Plus the hot water was used to wash up the table and utensils.

Company BBQ included 3 racks beef ribs, 8 racks baby backs and 3 pork butts (pulled). Just the smoker pics. Others made lots of skirt steak, chicken, shrimp sides and desserts etc
View attachment 821907
View attachment 821908

The butts were done over the weekend, pulled, sauced, vacuum sealed, frozen and then reheated in the Anvil Foundry (sous vide style). Plus the hot water was used to wash up the table and utensils.
Oh man those all look great! 😋

Back