What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
21D1E23F-8DAE-4F40-B7E7-6C819A81A349.jpeg

Salad with chicken, duck egg and orange supremes.

I gotta make that this week. Been a while.
This version turned out great. Learning to use dry wide rice noodles has been a little tricky. I have over cooked them and undercooked them. This time I got it right! I put them in a big bowl, and poured water from the kettle on them, let them soak for about 10 minutes, drained them, then added them to the stir fry near the end, and they turned out perfect.

I'm having a great time learning Thai food! lol

Did a full packer. Started it at 1 am this morning and served at 3:30pm. View attachment 816709
Looks great! Ever try a sous vide brisket? It's amazing. No getting up at 1am, never overlooked, always done on time. I do a 36h cook at 155, fully chill it, and within 5 days smoke it for about 3h. Super juicy, "smoke ring" and people licking their fingers :)

Not sure why I can't remember to take food pictures any more! Yesterday for Easter we did two racks of lamb in the Traeger pellet smoker. Did some fresh asparagus in the air fryer, topped with garlic butter. Made coffee/chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. All delicious!

Not the prettiest picture but when I was a sophomore in high school, my World History class had a medieval fair and each of us had to bring a medieval dish. I learned how to cook lentil soup. Today’s recipe added a couple spoons of tomato paste and some salsify from my garden, but it’s still a nostalgic dish for me.

Attachments

• 224EC103-2C72-427F-B21C-6489F611F2C4.jpeg
    224EC103-2C72-427F-B21C-6489F611F2C4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Not the prettiest picture but when I was a sophomore in high school, my World History class had a medieval fair and each of us had to bring a medieval dish. I learned how to cook lentil soup. Today’s recipe added a couple spoons of tomato paste and some salsify from my garden, but it’s still a nostalgic dish for me.
When I was young, my family was quite poor. Mom used to make lentil sandwiches out of leftover boiled lentils. I'll be happy to never eat another lentil again.

Got a new Camp Chef flat top griddle. Putting it together was a PITA (one hole was not properly aligned and it took a LOT to get it to work) but now we can season it tomorrow and give it a try! I'll see if I can remember to take a picture.
After seasoning, first up - 6 pounds of peppered bacon!

Back