What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having an ugly Christmas sweater party on Friday with a bomber gift exchange (all of my beer friends). Picked up 18lbs of pork should tonight to make carnitas. Should be fun. Will post pics of all the meaty carnage

KOTC found a recipe for General Tso's chicken he wanted me to try. Made it tonight with b/s chicken breast instead of the called-for thighs, as the breast meat was in the freezer begging to be used up. Recipe called for velveting the chicken with cornstarch - worked well! I also made snow peas and red bell pepper strips, stir-fried in the wok after the chicken/sauce came out.

No pics, but it was a pretty dish too, garnished with slivered green onions and sesame seeds on the chicken, and a side of quinoa.

Shrimp etoufee.....

IMG_0611.jpg

Yum, thanks!

I currently have a 3 pound all-beef homeground meatloaf in the oven, flanked by two large baker potatoes which I cut into 6 wedges each and then brushed with melted bacon fat and sprinkled with garlic salt and smoked paprika. Have two artichokes cooked and at the ready, with "fancy sauce" which is half mayo and half homemade SF ketchup and a quick squirt of Sriracha. Will TRY to remember to get a picture of the meal but no promises!

Yum, thanks!

I currently have a 3 pound all-beef homeground meatloaf in the oven, flanked by two large baker potatoes which I cut into 6 wedges each and then brushed with melted bacon fat and sprinkled with garlic salt and smoked paprika. Have two artichokes cooked and at the ready, with "fancy sauce" which is half mayo and half homemade SF ketchup and a quick squirt of Sriracha. Will TRY to remember to get a picture of the meal but no promises!

When is dinner? I'll bring magic flan cake.

Zuppa Toscana and Pasta e Fagioli soups for family Xmas party (Niece's family is moving out of state soon.)

Gluten free Cheddar Biscuits and Gluten Free Apple Pie.

The GF pie crust was surprisingly edible!

I'm not cooking this week because I'm over seas and the won't let me in the kitchen! Lol

I have a major gingerbread craving now!! The all look good, but @VAPatriot arrangement is just fantastic! Very well done!

Beautiful. What technique did you use to cook that?

Thanks. Good old fashioned gas oven. 550 convection... two pizza steels. 5 minutes on the top shelf steel and another ~3-4 on the bottom shelf steel. Cracked the egg at the 5 minute mark after moving to the second steel.

Back