What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually came Sat but just plucked it out of the mail today !!! Oh Yeah !!!! Been scouring sites online for 2 years to find one of these baby's !!! Gonna give it a home on my portable 1.5 gallon keg. Ain't she Purrdy ?? !!! And for $25 off of EBay! A grand steal for my brewing treasure hoard !!! A priceless jewel to be sure !!!
20220307_103437.jpg

Actually came Sat but just plucked it out of the mail today !!! Oh Yeah !!!! Been scouring sites online for 2 years to find one of these baby's !!! Gonna give it a home on my portable 1.5 gallon keg. Ain't she Purrdy ?? !!! And for $25 off of EBay! A grand steal for my brewing treasure hoard !!! A priceless jewel to be sure !!! View attachment 761942

That looks frickin sweet I love a good tap handle.

It has not arrived yet, but soon my kegs, regulator, manifold, 3/16, 3/8 PE tubes, taps and various JG fittings will come. I already have an old fridge and a Co2 tube and will start building my kegerator.
This is where all you anti-bottling keg fanatics are supposed to start chanting "One of us, One of us"...

Also got a big order of 2021 hops, 1kg Challenger, 500g each of Bramling X, First Gold and Fuggle coming, already have 500g each of 2021 Styrian Goldings/Bobek and EKG.
Had to order the ones I don't have from Ireland because of the cargo F-ery making the my main online HBS in Sweden have there deliveries seriously delayed.

It has not arrived yet, but soon my kegs, regulator, manifold, 3/16, 3/8 PE tubes, taps and various JG fittings will come. I already have an old fridge and a Co2 tube and will start building my kegerator.
This is where all you anti-bottling keg fanatics are supposed to start chanting "One of us, One of us"...
One of us, one of us!

there, does that work for you? :coff1:
But seriously, I love kegging, but there is still always a place for bottles. I like the flexibility to choose which will be used for each brew, sometimes I'll even do a batch with the intent to split it between bottles and keg.

One of us, one of us!

there, does that work for you? :coff1:
But seriously, I love kegging, but there is still always a place for bottles. I like the flexibility to choose which will be used for each brew, sometimes I'll even do a batch with the intent to split it between bottles and keg.
Yeah, my plan is to keg my lower abv house ales and bottle the stronger ones and keep them in my basement.

New 0-60 psi guage for my mini blow tie spunding valve so residual yeast in the closed transfer to the keg will naturally carbonate my beer for me. The gauge is a 1x1x1” cube. It came in a 12x6x6” box. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Looks great! Now please enlighten us poor mom and pop small town do what we can brewers....whats a Hop Dropper ? 😯

it is for reducing oxidation during dry hopping. Put the hops in the sight glass, attach the prv and purge with CO2 a few times, open the butterfly valve at the bottom and the hops drop into the fermenter.

More fermax. Tomorrow two different sizes of silicone tubing to replace the old vinyl crap on the autosiphon and the kegging setup. And not necessarily FOR beer, but for brewdays; another hank of a really soft pretty yarn to make more socks. That's my brewday downtime occupation.

A dissolved oxygen meter bargain 40 bucks, brand new. Just got to work out how and what to use it for.
View attachment 764431
You can use this to check oxygenation of beer at yeast pitch, where you are looking for 10 - 12 mg/L (ppm) O2 (IIRC.) But, it is not useful for fermented beer where you are looking for 0.1 mg/l, or less. The stated accuracy (from the Amazon listing) is: "Accuracy: ±0.4mg/L." For finished beer, you need an accuracy of about 0.01 mg/L, or better.

Brew on :mug:

@doug293cz
Thank you for that. Yes it's parts per million accuracy not billions as would be needed for finished beer. It's always been guesswork for me with the aeration stone and oxygen cylinder so that is a great idea.
With my closed end of ferment and closed transfer into late ferment purged kegs I'm likely to get a consistent reading of 0 or 0.4 mg/L.
Thank you again.

Latest posts

Back