What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a shiny new 3 gallon keg for my birthday. Was supposed to come tomorrow but I got it a day early 😀
9662210C-F33E-4F20-9DB6-B0D4C2654410.jpeg
F7B44070-5347-4384-B503-232EA435CA28.jpeg

Replacement door lock mechanism for my Jetta because the passenger door currently won't open from the outside. Not beer related, but foul language and beers will surely be involved.
Yes, quoting myself. Incorrect part, old mech put back in, door still won't open from outside. Foul language and beer was involved, and will be again when the right part shows up next week sometime.

YVH. Got me some nectaron finally again before they sold out. They're already out of the 2oz packs which I prefer. 1.5lbs nectaron, 1.5lbs moutere, and first time trying some lupomax, got 8oz of idaho 7 and 8oz of citra (not pictured). Pumped to try LUPOMAX for the first time. AAs are crazy high on the LUPOMAX varieties compared to standard pellets.
IMG_9787.jpg

Got one of @Bobby_M weldless bulkhead ball valves with pickup tube, plus a 7/8" and 3/8" plugs for a rehab project for a 12qt stainless steel pot. Due to the smaller diameter of the pot I could never get a 1/2" ball valve to be leakfree. The unique design of this thing allows the silicone gaskets compress against the radius of the pot.

First time, no leaks. Great price, even better service. From 'order placed' to delivery at my door was less than 3 days, VIA US MAIL!

Bobby and BrewHardware ROCK.

there was some doubt, but i got my $90 MA871! even though they didn't know how to spell suger! lol

newtoy871.jpg

and i think it predicted my OG better then i measured it with a hydrometer originally....my hydrometer reading i called at 1.062 OG, calculated from brix of 5.8, and 1.000 it was 1.061...

the digital called it at 5.8% Brix, all i could tell from the optical it was a bit above 5 maybe 5.5, maybe 6......but the line was blurry so maybe closer too 5?

Last edited:
I got a refund check from MoreBeer for the Komos V2 kegerator I order in December. After phone calls, emails and nothing but disappointment I gave up and canceled my order. What a disorganized place to do business with!, but I did get a quick return of my money so they have that part down real good.

Tapcooler bottle filler with an intertap faucet attachment and a ball lock disconnect for the gas line. Time to bring my bottling game to the next level.

View attachment 727630
I've been looking at ordering that from Ama ALMIGHTY Zon or Northern Brewer for 3 weeks. Have not push the button on it yet with the accessories. Let us know please how it works out.

I've been looking at ordering that from Ama ALMIGHTY Zon or Northern Brewer for 3 weeks. Have not push the button on it yet with the accessories. Let us know please how it works out.

I'll be filling some bottles tomorrow to share with my coworkers this week, I'll let you know how it goes.
I ordered mine from Great Fermentations and highly recommend them. Same price as Amazon and it costs enough to qualify for free shipping.

https://shop.greatfermentations.com...kPKmL7PijOx-140xuAHZBcElJXV-lC3saAkT5EALw_wcB

I’m semi-local to Great Fermentations but would still order from them if I wasn’t. But, everyone has their favorite place!

Ive got a tapcooler CP bottle filler and it’s absolutely fantastic! Easy to use and clean, and super nifty. If I had to state a downside I’d say that counter pressure filling is a bit slow if you’re filling a case or more worth of beer, but they’re all that way. I love being able to bottle crystal clear beer from my keg and having it fully carbonated weeks later just from keeping the CO2 in the beer. I’ve got a family get-together in a week (the first time seeing my parents and brother in 15mo!) and I’ll be bottling a case of beers with the tap cooler. I’ve got full confidence that it’ll be an easy run and will result in great bottled beers.

Dan

I’m semi-local to Great Fermentations but would still order from them if I wasn’t. But, everyone has their favorite place!

Ive got a tapcooler CP bottle filler and it’s absolutely fantastic! Easy to use and clean, and super nifty. If I had to state a downside I’d say that counter pressure filling is a bit slow if you’re filling a case or more worth of beer, but they’re all that way. I love being able to bottle crystal clear beer from my keg and having it fully carbonated weeks later just from keeping the CO2 in the beer. I’ve got a family get-together in a week (the first time seeing my parents and brother in 15mo!) and I’ll be bottling a case of beers with the tap cooler. I’ve got full confidence that it’ll be an easy run and will result in great bottled beers.

Dan
I pretty much gave up bottling when I got my kegerator last year but I need to be able to give a few bottles to my LHBS for sampling and a few folks I used to gift beer to. Wondering why I stopped giving away free beer 😂😂😂

7EF6F789-64DE-42DE-B9A5-BE30834EF0F7.png

Revamping my “on the go” keg setup- tired of lugging around that damn 10# CO2 tank just to push beer from one corny for a day or two. Thought about the paintball tank instead of a hand pump, but dont want to deal with fiddling with a mini regulator, nor explaining to drunk people, “no, you don't have to pump it, it’s on gas”

A FotHB package ‘O beer arrived from @3 Dawg Night today. I was a little nervous about what I might find inside when I found the box. Everything was safe and sound though! Thank you. I’ve set the blonde and raspberry aside to age a little like suggested and have the others chilling and settling for some weekend sampling. I like the labels and coasters.
828660FB-8CDA-4359-A65F-8696F54E30B8.jpeg

FBC4F421-64E5-45CE-95FD-0D20F20C2948.jpeg

A pound each of Citra and Sabro from YVH. Need the Citra for the Wookie Jack clone I brewed last weekend, and planning a Mom's Day brew of the house Citra/Sabro IPA (named it Sabrotooth, someone else did too but I like mine better because no Mosaic in mine). Now trying to decide if it's time to get the summer's pack of Loki yeast to ferment it on or just use the Notty I already have. I've done it with both and the one on Loki was eminently better; just might not be warm enough to do it yet.

Also starting to research stainless mash tuns; we've got some money coming to us in July and I've been told I can get one new slightly expensive toy for the brewery. Decided a long time ago that I want a new mash tun, preferably a Blichmann with the brewvision thing already installed. If I have to go a cheaper route I can do that too, and buy another brewvision to go with it.

Yea, those mycology guys have plenty of DIY plans for them. I'll probably think about it when I have a fixed location for streaking plates and stuff.

lol, i bought a couple D.O.E. 6" HEPAs off ebay, and screwed one to the side of a storage tote, use a blower and cardboard box for air flow....working on my koji skills!

Latest posts

Back