What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah! Just in time for the Big game!!! Go Chiefs!!!
20210207_140328.jpg

Had some malts and hops and yeast delivered in the last week. Mostly base stuff, cheap and uninspiring just to make some cheap drinking beers.

This week I'm getting another 25kg bulk bag of pale malt (milled), pilsner malt, a packget of Hellertau Nugget, US-05, roasted barley, type I and type II munich malt and some crown caps. I'm going to try my hand at an Irish Red Ale. I've never made one, but I LOVE the style. I've been afraid of making it because I've found I'm super finicky with the style and some of them I'll LOVE while others I'll not be bothered to drink again.

I sincerely hope I can figure out this style to my own liking.

17 30-round and 2 20-round AR-15 mags. Not all of them were for me.....
As in they belong to somebody else or as in destined to meet, really fast, someone in particular?

And I recieved a corny and a little ball tap handle. I drilled the hole too high and the faucet was being triggered by the freezer door, so I had to find a very short handle. Looks cute tho.

A tilt, A 3 gal FerMonster and accessories (Air lock, carrying strap, etc.). I was hoping the aeration wand I ordered would come today but it's apparently being drop shipped from Anvil. So I'll have to wait to try it out.

Yesterday was a Chest Freezer from Best Buy to use as my new fermentation chamber. (Not technically the mail but figured it counts)

Stout tap for my nukataps came in the mail today. Read differing opinions on how well it works with just CO2 but for a few bucks figured it was worth trying to get that cask effect with my stouts and english ales. Gave it a go with the best bitter I have on tap and very pleased with the results! Watching the cascade effect while pouring it was mesmerizing. I have an irish stout lined up to replace the bitter when it kicks so looking forward to how it does with it.
68EB5FC4-0DFC-4714-AA5F-289A767DB243.jpeg

Hop bags, Tincture of Iodine, and a bayou mash paddle.
Getting ready to try my hand at all grain for the first time! Well, as soon as the weather warms...
Congrats! You are gonna love learning about all grain and enjoying the amazing beer you will make as you get better at it. Plus if you can't get outside, there is always the kitchen stove! I do all my all grain stove top. I have a gas burner and an electric conduction top and I still do 99% of my brewing on the stove.

Got a message this AM from FedEx that my Morebeer order would be delivered “by end of day.” By 7PM there was no sign of a delivery, and the tracking report had been changed to “no delivery time scheduled”. About 7:45 I get a call from the FedEx driver. He‘s trying to find our farm. I give him directions and, about 30 min ago he drops my malt, flaked grains, and yeast on the front porch. I guess they give fast service, no matter how long it takes.
3B33209E-6AA9-439C-8193-5D76B71EB1AE.jpeg

Congrats! You are gonna love learning about all grain and enjoying the amazing beer you will make as you get better at it. Plus if you can't get outside, there is always the kitchen stove! I do all my all grain stove top. I have a gas burner and an electric conduction top and I still do 99% of my brewing on the stove.

As a “non-traditional” college student living at home, i’m lucky enough to get to brew outside without too much hassle.
But thanks! I’m very excited to start my all grain adventure thanks to another hbt member hooking me up with a cooler MT, HLT and 16g kettle! Been extract brewing for 8 years, and cant wait for my first AG batch

Got a message this AM from FedEx that my Morebeer order would be delivered “by end of day.” By 7PM there was no sign of a delivery, and the tracking report had been changed to “no delivery time scheduled”. About 7:45 I get a call from the FedEx driver. He‘s trying to find our farm. I give him directions and, about 30 min ago he drops my malt, flaked grains, and yeast on the front porch. I guess they give fast service, no matter how long it takes.View attachment 718374
Which we had dedicated delivery folks like that. Here, it's a crap shoot. Found my package today on the side of the garage darn near buried under the snow, no knock no ring just ditched my new perlicks in the snow !!! 😣

Restocking some oldies but still wonderful goodies.
Took almost 10 days for Fedex to get their poopy together to deliver them though. Bad Fedex! Bad BAD Fedex! :D

View attachment 719700
FedEx sucks big time where I live and in general from my experiences. Not brewing related, but I’ve been waiting over a week for an order that originated in Omaha, NE which is just under 400 miles east of my house. It was stuck “in transit” all week and now it’s in Nashville which is an additional 600 miles farther southeast!! Must be taking the scenic route.

FedEx sucks big time where I live and in general from my experiences. Not brewing related, but I’ve been waiting over a week for an order that originated in Omaha, NE which is just under 400 miles east of my house. It was stuck “in transit” all week and now it’s in Nashville which is an additional 600 miles farther southeast!! Must be taking the scenic route.
😂😂😂😂 you're not alone. And I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one getting scr@ed! So I know it's not a conspiracy against me!! 😂😂

Back