What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my hands on a 25' copper IC. All I need now to do all grain is a mash tun and some end bits to connect everything together!

It will be worth all the money and time you put into it! All grain brewing was instant 25% improvement in all of my brewing. I made the jump after reading the quote "You can make very good beer with extract. You can craft excellent beer with all grain!"

New tap handles are here. Neighbors got me the cherry wood for Christmas and I ordered the other 2 after I saw how good it looks.
20210127_170812.jpg

Last week 50kg malt, 400g hops. Earlier this week another 9kg malt and 300g hops. Placed an order for another 50kg malt and 500g hops, as well as a packet of S-23 today. Can't wait!

A new beer line cleaning attachment. The one that came with the pump cleaning kit does not fit which is strange because I thought all beer taps for kegerators were standard/universal. Hope this one fits cause I'm tired of having to take the lines off completely to sanitize them in the sink...😳

Food for thought... Whenever I change out a keg, I just run hot PBW from the keg I'm cleaning through my lines, let it sit for an hour or so then come back and run sanitizer from the now clean keg through them. Works like a charm with no special attachments needed!

Food for thought... Whenever I change out a keg, I just run hot PBW from the keg I'm cleaning through my lines, let it sit for an hour or so then come back and run sanitizer from the now clean keg through them. Works like a charm with no special attachments needed!
Thats a great idea and I'll keep that as something to try. But I wasn't changing out a keg, just routine line maintenance because I had not done it since Nov. But thanks for the tip!

Thats a great idea and I'll keep that as something to try. But I wasn't changing out a keg, just routine line maintenance because I had not done it since Nov. But thanks for the tip!
You are a better man than I when it comes to cleaning your lines then! Sadly, changing kegs is the only time mine get a wash.

You are a better man than I when it comes to cleaning your lines then! Sadly, changing kegs is the only time mine get a wash.
I've only been kegging for a year. This was just my second set of kegged beer. Last time I cleaned them every 2 months. This time it was 3 months and the taps were stuck, wouldn't go back and forth! Lesson learned!!!

John Palmer's "How To Brew"! I have a couple successful extract batches under my belt but wanted more guidance before moving to all grain.
Great choice! A Lot of great brewing material out there but that book is , in my humble opinion , the Beer Bible. It's what really took me from extract and extract with grains and brew in a bag to all grain brewing. I only wish there was a pocket size How to Brew. Good luck on your foray into All Grain. You will find a tin of help right here on Home Brew Talk. 🍻 Cheers.

Got a couple packages today.

Ingredients for my first sour. Going to make a raspberry Berliner. I'm excited to see what Philly Sour is all about! Also got some yeast for a peanut butter and banana pastry milk stout I'm planning on brewing.
PXL_20210201_194012233.PORTRAIT.jpg

Also got some hot sauce to feed one of my other addictions. Err... Hobbies. Will be trying the stargazer with mac 'n cheese later today.
PXL_20210201_202418499.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, I didn't know that's what they're called.
I have this as a filter. Use it with a Mason jar with a bit of water/StarSan between my fermenter and keg.

View attachment 717265
To clarify, I use this to filter CO2 debris when using fermentation to purge my keg rather than wasting bottled CO2 to push StarSan out prior to racking.

Thanks @inkbird for the discount code! Very much looking forward to using this bad boy at the next brew day!

View attachment 717386View attachment 717388
Thats the one I use. I really like it. I messaged inkbird when my old thermometer ( earlier model than that one ) had went berserk and quit working. It was apparently a known issue and he replaced it with that one. That one works excellently and seems to hold one hell of a charge, as I think I've only charged it once or twice in about a year.

Package of needed items from AIH ordered during their spent $100 and get a $20 gift card sale.
I took advantage of a sale like that around Christmastime and bought myself a second tilt. I'm working on a cart right now to get to about 85$ so I can get 10% off (current code), burn up my 20$ GC, and still be over $55 for free shipping

Here's an example of a budget "bouncer" with a mesh "filter".

View attachment 717267

As a racking screen, imo even "budget" is comparatively pricey compared to at least one alternate method of keeping hop debris out of a keg...

View attachment 717268

...though as a Randall it has a clear advantage ;)

Cheers!
I bought one of those several years ago. Not the Big Daddy but the smaller. I didn't have much success with it. Had to stop the transfer too much to clear out the constant clogging. I have more success draining and straining(filtering) thru the hop spider. I do still have the Big Daddy on my shopping list on Amazon but that button has not been pushed in the 4 years it's been there!!

Back