What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home brew from @DrGMG
13FD2D5A-FF5C-41C1-B1CF-2841291D1004.jpeg

Used the Keg Carbing Lid that came the other day and can't recommend it enough. I am drinking fully carbed beer the next day!
Lucky you. Couldn't get the one on my 5 gallon keg to work no matter what I did. Had to do mine the hard way, shake rattle and roll! Bumped it up to 30 for 12 hours, coming along nicely. Gonna order another el cheapo from Wal-Mart that actually works

2 deliveries today!!!
FotHB beers from @wepeeler in box #1
4346A0A2-E473-4937-8B42-4734416BE994.jpeg

Ingredients in box #2. Working on my Guinness Draught clone, my next attempt will have more regionally correct grains. 25 lbs of Stout Malt from the Malting Company of Ireland and 4 lbs British roasted barley from Crisp malting.
5A105975-3C22-44CF-9657-867ED5E3B974.jpeg

Looks like I’m moving up a little in the home brew world , After a lot of hinting on my part my wife ordered a 3.5 gal. SS brew bucket for me for Father’s Day and it just showed up today ..
I love it !! Much nicer than the 3 gal. Water bottles I’ve been using to ferment in ( I do 3 gal batches) and it’ll fit in my mini fridge just right , it has the cone type bottom and adjustable tube for draining beer to bottling bucket that I hope will help keep trub and yeast to a minimum..
May seem strange but I like to see the fermentation process in my clear water bottles witch I won’t be able to do with the new SS brew bucket but I’m still excited to try it out ........

How is it? My HQ office is in Toulouse, FR, sooooooooooooooo I know good cassoulet ; )

as far as canned cassoulet goes, it's about the best i've had.

how does it compare to cassoulet freshly made in the languedoc?

I've had much better and much worse, some of the touristy crap around carcasonne is dire, but i've had some made in axat(small village south of limoux) that was near divine.

edit. researching on wikipedia, i found this gem....
In U.S. restaurants, the term cassoulet is often applied to any hearty bean-based casserole, with variations such as salmon cassoulet.[10]
eeeeeuw

as far as canned cassoulet goes, it's about the best i've had.

how does it compare to cassoulet freshly made in the languedoc?

I've had much better and much worse, some of the touristy crap around carcasonne is dire, but i've had some made in axat(small village south of limoux) that was near divine.

edit. researching on wikipedia, i found this gem....
In U.S. restaurants, the term cassoulet is often applied to any hearty bean-based casserole, with variations such as salmon cassoulet.[10]
eeeeeuw

Thanks...I missed my opportunity this year to go to Toulouse to imbibe in some cassoulet :*(

Some new pets - TYB say that Lida is "low flocculation" but it looks a complete rock in the tube; they promise "apricot, stone fruit and white wine grape esters, with a balanced malt character coming through on the finish".

Ubbe is the Wicklow ripoff of - err, "homage to" - Bootleg Oslo.

CF184 is a new British hop from Farams which promises "Lemon, pine, melon flavours".
temp.jpg

5 Lbs. of pale ale malt to dial in my ugly junk corona mill, some fresh corn sugar and a packet of S-04 so I can prime a stout that has been sitting for far too long.

Back