What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Ss Brewtech All Grain kit showed up today. Lots of building in my future.
IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. It's some good looking stuff. I've seen the burner after some use and unfortunately it doesn't stay that way, but oh well, I've accepted it.

I wasn't planning to solder the fittings. I don't have that equipment to do that. I'm guessing that's recommended to do so?

IMG_0462.jpg

My new digital thermometer from @inkbird arrived today! I can’t wait to try it out this week with a brew I have in mind of trying.

I would also like to say thanks to @inkbird for the great communication from being selected on their latest drawing! They are a great sponsor here at HBT! Cheers!

View attachment 554804

My new digital thermometer from @inkbird arrived today! I can’t wait to try it out this week with a brew I have in mind of trying.

I would also like to say thanks to @inkbird for the great communication from being selected on their latest drawing! They are a great sponsor here at HBT! Cheers!

Your Inkbird unit looks great. They are do great sponsor at HBT!

50lbs tub of PBW. Homebrew club group buy to split.
2lbs of lactose
3lbs of Pilsner DME for canned wort starters
Dry yeast (one pack of each) Nottingham, BRY-97 and US-05.

View attachment 554804

What are your first impressions re: build quality and accuracy? I plan on buying one but would love to hear from someone who actually has one!

What are your first impressions re: build quality and accuracy? I plan on buying one but would love to hear from someone who actually has one!

I made a simple Graff (recipe from HBT) and used it this week. It was very quick and responsive! I did a calibration test like I would with my old Taylor thermometer and it was near spot on. There wasn’t any instruction to calibrate it and it was within its range out of the box.

For the price, it seems like a solid device. I would buy another one for $10 (+/-) without thinking twice. Durability is unknown at this time but I think with normal care it should last a long time.

I hope this helps!

IMG_0467.jpg
IMG_0471.jpg

Yeast from the legendary Julius Simonaitis that went from Lithuania, to America, to France and then to me in Thailand.

I made a simple Graff (recipe from HBT) and used it this week. It was very quick and responsive! I did a calibration test like I would with my old Taylor thermometer and it was near spot on. There wasn’t any instruction to calibrate it and it was within its range out of the box.

For the price, it seems like a solid device. I would buy another one for $10 (+/-) without thinking twice. Durability is unknown at this time but I think with normal care it should last a long time.

I hope this helps!

View attachment 555106View attachment 555107
Exactly what I was hoping for, thank you!

Following feedback from experts here, I went all in! “Buy once and cry once” right? [emoji51]
Went from stove top & 5 gallon kettle to 15 gallon mega pot and Edelmetall burner with leg extensions. (Can’t complain got a great deal on the whole package)
I brewed my first all grain “MIAB” 2 weeks ago, it killed me to spend ~6 hours brewing for 2.5 gallons of beer...
Also thanks to @FuzzyIguana who posted an amazon recommendation for a 50’ SS wort chiller for $50 which should complete my brewing setup.
Next step is either grain mill or SS fermentation? I also need to finalize a solution for heating my fermentation freezer, keep heat mat on carboy or something else?
Loving this hobby! Thanks everyone for the support.

IMG_0363.jpg

I thought I did but once cry once. Now I’m looking at an electric three vessel system that will have a permanent place and a brewery. And neither of the costs are associated

I thought I did but once cry once. Now I’m looking at an electric three vessel system that will have a permanent place and a brewery. And neither of the costs are associated

Awesome! Please post your electric 3 vessel project on HBT.
I thought about going in the electric direction, I’m just not certain we will be in this house for more than a couple years & can’t justify the cost of running 220 up to my garage or exhausting air out of my basement.
5 years from now if I’m half obsessed with this hobby as I am today I would love to take a look at your build thread!

Following feedback from experts here, I went all in! “Buy once and cry once” right? [emoji51]
Went from stove top & 5 gallon kettle to 15 gallon mega pot and Edelmetall burner with leg extensions. (Can’t complain got a great deal on the whole package)
I brewed my first all grain “MIAB” 2 weeks ago, it killed me to spend ~6 hours brewing for 2.5 gallons of beer...
Also thanks to @FuzzyIguana who posted an amazon recommendation for a 50’ SS wort chiller for $50 which should complete my brewing setup.
Next step is either grain mill or SS fermentation? I also need to finalize a solution for heating my fermentation freezer, keep heat mat on carboy or something else?
Loving this hobby! Thanks everyone for the support.

View attachment 555413
Congratulations on the new setup! That's a nice looking kettle ya got there. [emoji482]

Got my Inkbird thermometer today and did a calibration test against my Javelin. The Javelin is more accurate, especially on the low end. 32.4 in an insulated cup filled with ice water while the Inkbird was 30.2
In boiling water Inkbird was 205 vs 204 on the Javelin. Close, quick read, but not quite as accurate as I hoped. So no, a $10 Inkbird will not replace a Thermapen! But a $25 Javelin is closer. Anyone have a Javelin Pro?

Got an Inkbird Temperature controller and a drip tray. The rest of my goodies will arrive tomorrow. Excitement is intensifying.

Starting to gather equipment for all grain. Also another ball valve and bazooka came for my kettle.

Attachments

• 20180207_052617.jpg
    20180207_052617.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 101
  • 20180204_102010.jpg
    20180204_102010.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 92
  • 20180204_102026.jpg
    20180204_102026.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 101
Received my Wilserbrewer BIAB bag for my rectangular cooler a day earlier than expected

Attachments

• 1518023709485.jpg
    1518023709485.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 86
Back