What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Beer counter pressure filler, BIAB false bottom for my new 20 gallon kettle, new thermometer and heat shield for kettle, bunch of fittings and........12 killer looking beers from the Fellowship of the Drink trade!! It's like it is my birthday or something!!! (that was yesterday) :D

Can't exactly say mail since​I went to Oktober and picked it up but

66716248682074949621.jpeg

Bulk bag of Golden Promise, 8 packets of Notty Yeast, and 4 pin lock kegs! Takes me to 10 kegs so I can have some of the darker beers sit and age longer! And have 4 filled with my house ale that everyone loves and drinks a lot of!

Ingredients I ordered for a hefe, and in the box was an unexpected pound of cascade pellets. Not sure if it was a mistake or a thank you, but I'll assume the latter.

Old school Tupperware from eBay
Part of my slow quest to have all my plasticware the same length and depth with only height as the variable.

A check from BYO for the article of mine that they published almost two months ago.
It took well over two and one half years to get it published, but on the other hand they spelled my name wrong.
Luckily they got it right on the check.

Not in the mail but for Fathers' Day a couple of great brewery t-shirts (Maine Beer Company and Austen Street Brewery) & a couple of tap handles (Allagash & a custom One Armed Bandit).

Yay! One pound each of cascade (5.5%) and kazbek (4.1%), and 4oz of green bullet (12.2%).

I make a house APA I call 'Green Warrior' because I use warrior and green bullet hops. It was my first original recipe attempt.

20170621_183217.jpg

Germany, Eickelmann, http://www.eickelmann.de/Hopfen-Shop/?XTCsid=ftbkvhm6hhoc8om4ucqnh4dh92&language=en

Very good reputation here in Europe. But I checked out Great Lakes Hops and they seem to have a darn good selection too.

How many plants do you have atm?

Thanks for the info. I planted 3 rhizomes of Chinook and Centennials last year. One Chinook made it and all three of the Centennials survived.

Here is a picture of the Chinook from yesterday. The top of the pole is about 13 feet high (about 3.9 meters). It's crazy how fast the grow!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1498292557.039726.jpg

Thanks for the info. I planted 3 rhizomes of Chinook and Centennials last year. One Chinook made it and all three of the Centennials survived.

Here is a picture of the Chinook from yesterday. The top of the pole is about 13 feet high (about 3.9 meters). It's crazy how fast the grow!

I better not let my wife see this, she might have second thoughts about agreeing with the hop plants... How many wet hop yields one rhizome, on average?

I better not let my wife see this, she might have second thoughts about agreeing with the hop plants... How many wet hop yields one rhizome, on average?

I'm not sure since last year they produced a very small amount of cones that wasn't worth harvesting. The first year you usually want to let them grow and not trim them back. This way the root system gets established.

I haven't checked the hops section of the forum but I'm sure someone has notes from years they have harvested and could answer this.

Good luck growing them! They are fun to watch them develop!

Hopefully, a 3-tap tower which is due any time now. Monday I'll be getting some keg connectors in the mail. I have somehow lost a liquid-side pin connector.

Yesterday I received my Yeast bay order.
And Tuesday I got 40 inserts from McMaster Car for tap handles. Good week!

And here are the little fellers. Maybe too late for this year, but 2018 will be glorious.

20170624_165804_HDR.jpg

20170624_165816_HDR.jpg

Back