What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15787872283791171992109673504086.jpg

A giant tea ball (for hops). Ordered this about a month ago, but it shipped from China.

2 curved tap shank couplers that were missing from my flow control tap orders. But hey, they are giving me a tap for free for sending me a tap with the missing coupler! It's all good!

Do yourself a favor..put it inside a hop sack. I use one of those too and a lot of hop particulate gets through.Still nice though. Might be better to cram it full of whole hops instead of pellet. Or get a hop spider.
Yeah, I use the hops bags for pellets, but I got this for whole hops, which I use more than pellets.

Another flow control tap sent to me free from seller because first tap missing coupler tube. Well this one also missing coupler tube and shank washer and lock nut. Gave the seller 2 stars and ordered missing parts from Amazon. Sticking to Amamazing Amazon from now on.
IMG_20200113_151737.jpeg

Four new three piece airlocks.

I have two tied up on mead. Made my blonde ale Saturday and realized I don't have any more! Well none I can find. I ordered three some time ago. They're in the house, somewhere. Easier to just order more.

All the Best,
D. White

WebstaurantStore Shipping was a little pricey, but I ordered a few other things to make it worthwhile.
Yeah, I've been looking for sweet gale leaves for a gruit, only place I've found them is Amazon, but they want $75 a pound, plus about $10 for shipping. I do have seeds, maybe I'll plant my own!

Yeah, I've been looking for sweet gale leaves for a gruit, only place I've found them is Amazon, but they want $75 a pound, plus about $10 for shipping. I do have seeds, maybe I'll plant my own!
I checked Penn Herb Company it’s a no, but Austin homebrew supplies has it. I don’t know if the price is good or not.

Big delivery!

My spike CF10 conical arrived yesterday along with the temp control system, the carb stone, the TC blowoff cane, an SS Brewtech spunding valve, a sight glass and a bunch of fittings.

The gas manifold, the pressure gauge, and the PRV that I ordered were missing but I have faith that spike will make it right.
20200117_134252.jpeg
20200117_134312.jpeg

You need to get this thing operational and post pics :)
Lol I know right! My wife was giving me the evil eye last night because I have not even unboxed it yet. But I don't want to until I have all the pieces I'm putting on it. I have to get them one by one as the funds allow. Just ordered SS tap handles and this coming week will order a SS dual tap tower to replace the single tower. All in good time!!

Lol I know right! My wife was giving me the evil eye last night because I have not even unboxed it yet. But I don't want to until I have all the pieces I'm putting on it. I have to get them one by one as the funds allow. Just ordered SS tap handles and this coming week will order a SS dual tap tower to replace the single tower. All in good time!!

Don't rush. Get it like you want it the first time.

IMG_2795.JPG

So not all in a day but over the course of a few days. 8 lbs of hops, 8lbs of assorted Belgian candy sugar, 3 lbs of DME for starters, a few varieties of yeast, loc line for a new sparge arm, keg lube and keg o rings. I haven’t brewed in awhile and going to be getting back to it shortly.

Back