What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blichmann Hellfire

IMG_2348.jpg

The May/June issue of Brew Your Own with my article on brewing black versions of pale beers.
This piece was years in the making: a mistake during a computer upgrade at BYO lost it and I didn't follow up for over a year and a half since I know some times there can be a long lag time between acceptance of an article and actual publication. To make matters worse I lost my copy of it to a computer crash. Luckily I still had my hand written notes and was able to redo it, I think better than the original.
Alls well that ends well, unfortunately my last name was misspelled.

My 20 gallon Infussion mash tun. The box is huge and the thing weighs a ton. Can't wait to unpack it. Now if only my new mill would show up so I could have something to mash

That looks nice.. almost make me regret my SSbrewtech. But I love her so

We've been using a perfectly nice kettle but no spigot. Tired of siphons. So either new kettle or cut a hole in the old one....decided on the Spike because we bought their 20 gallon and love the welded vs non welded. Plus we still have the old one for hot liquor tank or split brews!

We'll brew with it, maybe on Thursday. :ban:

The May/June issue of Brew Your Own with my article on brewing black versions of pale beers.
This piece was years in the making: a mistake during a computer upgrade at BYO lost it and I didn't follow up for over a year and a half since I know some times there can be a long lag time between acceptance of an article and actual publication. To make matters worse I lost my copy of it to a computer crash. Luckily I still had my hand written notes and was able to redo it, I think better than the original.
Alls well that ends well, unfortunately my last name was misspelled.

Congrats on the article! Hopefully mine will come in the mail tomorrow. Looking forward to reading it!

John

I converted to a three tap kegerator a while back so I wanted some utility in my options. I have a 1/4 slim and 1/6th sanke refurb and now these allow me to do nitro cold brew coffee (2 gallons) and nitro and regular carbonation on any style. Also plan to get a wild ale pipeline going so I decided to go for SS beer out connections due to the brett/lactose/pedio that will be used for these and my lack of trust for plastic

Got them on sale too woo

View attachment 1492523054445.jpg

View attachment 1492523065149.jpg

Yesterday I received my second Sanke Fermenter Conversion Kit - With Pressure Transfer Rig from Bobby at brewhardware. Along with another two feet of tubing and some 1/4" MFL to 1/2" barb fittings.

New hop plants. Columbia, Serebrianka, Vojvodina. Might as well mess around with ones I can't easily buy in pellet form. Plus an extra Cascade. Hopefully can get them in the ground tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
1/2 lb. of Idaho 7 hops from Farmhouse. I had tried a SMaSH at a local microbrewery that used them, and it was incredible. I want to brew a pale ale with them. Dry hop too.

I used a idaho 7 hop hash. It was pretty good. The aa was 30+ it made it a bit more bitter than i was aiming for. And i onky added it in the whirlpool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back