What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had two largish boxes come in the mail from Northern Brewer today. I did not order anything at all and I have no idea what's in the boxes, but my birthday is later this week! I think my wife has been up to something.....

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Is that cheating? :D

Not cheating. Just winning! :rockin:

Right. That's a good woman right there. If my wife surprises me with gifts its usually some clothes or shoes that I would never purchase for myself or wear unless coerced

Not in the mail but got all this on craigslist for $75. One co2 tank still full. It has a 2 pass cold plate. Now I just need to figure out how to clean the cold plate and decide if I want to replace the shanks or try and clean them. I would say based on the hydro dates on the co2 tanks this is a really old jockey box.

Not in the mail but got all this on craigslist for $75. One co2 tank still full. It has a 2 pass cold plate. Now I just need to figure out how to clean the cold plate and decide if I want to replace the shanks or try and clean them. I would say based on the hydro dates on the co2 tanks this is a really old jockey box.

killer deal regardless of age

2 2oz bottles of Nielsen Massey Chocolate Extract from Vanilla Food Company. $6.50/bottle + $7.00 shipping = $20 CDN for 4oz of extract and believe or not that was the best price I could find. Hopefully this will last me for at least a half dozen chocolate related brews.

Some new bling for a second pump project. Super cheap & fast shipping from bargainfittings

1414471360744.jpg

10-gallon pot ... Aluminum. Yep.
Lid for 10-gallon pot.
396GPH submersible pump.
25' immersion chiller (price was amazing so I bought vs built).

No pictures - but now my all-grain setup is complete. :rockin:

UPS dropped off the case of bottles I ordered from AHS, took the box to the guest bedroom and sitting there was a case I forgot I already had...

Got these a few days ago.

50 15mL vials for yeast banking.
A new digital thermometer.
Asus Chromebox. FYI this is a decent device for what it is. I bought this for $160 to replace the PC in the living room since all we do is web surf on it anyways. Boots up in about 6 seconds and is way faster than old computer.

I've got a BugCounty in the fridge too. Just curious what you'll be using it in. :mug:

Im making a sour Red based off of RU55. This is what @BGBC got from Jester King's brewer and what I am doing. I subed the roasted barley for dehusked carafa III and also am going to add 4 oz of malto dextrin. I hope to be brewing up on Monday!

OG: 1.055
FG: ~ 1.002-1.005

Grist:
46% Munich II
21% Pale 2-row
20% Pilsner
3% Carared
3% Amber Malt
3% Crystal 120
3% Melanoidin
- just a pinch of roasted barley

Hops:

~12IBUs of goldings at 60min.

Today I received 1000 plastic pipettes. I have went through several for measuring 3ml of concentrated starsan and now I decided to get a nice glass and rubber one, only they cost £7 and I saw that I could get 1000 plastic ones for £4. Plastic it is!

Ingredients for a Spiced Scotch Ale.

My first brew kettle arrived yesterday and various accessories have been trickling in all week. We are now set up for 5-10gal. BIAB with a 16gal Bayou Classic. I installed the valve and bazooka last night and driled it for a thermometer this afternoon. It's finally time to start brewing after a year of ciders and meads.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414852656.248786.jpg
Centennial, Columbus and Galaxy hops slong with a 20ml hop shot from farmhouse brewing.

I got carboy covers for all eight of my Better Bottle fermenters. I (and SWMBO) were getting tired of using up so many towels to wrap around the carboys to keep the light out.

These things are awesome!

01-CARBOY-COVER-MAIN-DETAILED.jpg

(not my picture)

Kegco TC-321 temperature controller

20141103_130831-XL.jpg

Slightly pricier than other temp controllers, but I like the clean look of the temperature readout on the front of my kegerator.

Im making a sour Red based off of RU55. This is what @BGBC got from Jester King's brewer and what I am doing. I subed the roasted barley for dehusked carafa III and also am going to add 4 oz of malto dextrin. I hope to be brewing up on Monday!

OG: 1.055
FG: ~ 1.002-1.005

Grist:
46% Munich II
21% Pale 2-row
20% Pilsner
3% Carared
3% Amber Malt
3% Crystal 120
3% Melanoidin
- just a pinch of roasted barley

Hops:

~12IBUs of goldings at 60min.

Nice! I hope the brew day goes well! That grain bill looks somewhat similar to my Festbier recipe, which I've already got 5gal of wort souring with Bug Farm. I may have to let that be my sour red/brown for now, but keep this one in mind for next time. :) I think I'm going to try this Atrial Rubicite clone with my Bug County. Thanks for the recipe!

Nice! I hope the brew day goes well! That grain bill looks somewhat similar to my Festbier recipe, which I've already got 5gal of wort souring with Bug Farm. I may have to let that be my sour red/brown for now, but keep this one in mind for next time. :) I think I'm going to try this Atrial Rubicite clone with my Bug County. Thanks for the recipe!

Brew day is tomorrow! Looks like I have to try that Atrial Rubicite now too haha

Latest posts

Back