What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was the New England Regional Homebrew Comp. I went 7 for 10, my best batting average ever by far. That many placements also snagged me their brewer of the year prize (the bag of grain and some other stuff from Red Hook Brewery). Kudos to the host club, Brew Free or Die, for running an awesome competition and going out of their way to make sure I got all of this stuff.

The best batch of swag I've ever received from a homebrew competition. The best item you can't even really see, but there's a 5 POUND bag of Apollo hops in there - whee! :rockin:

That's simply awesome. Congrats!

If you don't have a vacuum packer, now's the time to get one! :D You probably won't be using 5# of high AA% Apollo super quick so do your best to keep the oxygen out!

For tips on how to use Mylar bags with a foodsaver, scroll down to tip #11. :)
http://www.homebrewfinds.com/tips

2 new stainless steel chugger pumps, bg 14 burner, jaded hydra immersion coil, 2x 3 piece ball valves and some stainless fittings. Got next week off work to build my brew stand and get some beer made :D :rockin:

My order from Brewmaster's Warehouse, that was ordered on 11-04. I needed by that weekend so I ordered from them as it is 2 days shipping, when I realized that I wasn't going t get it I ordered from Rebel Brewer and had it the next day. I will be using RB from now on.

Got my 2014 crop of Citra and Simcoe, and a bunch of other stuff. Love Farmhouse Brewing Supply!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
An awesome beer trade! 2 Plinys, Union Jack, Velvet Merlin, Double Jack, Wookie Jack, Saint's Devotion Ale, Sculpin IPA, Longfin Lager, Big Eye IPA, & Victory at Sea Imperial Porter

A big thanks goes out to @lilrokz06 I'm looking forward to trying all of these
GEDC0458.jpg
GEDC0459.jpg
GEDC0460.jpg
GEDC0461.jpg

Courtesy of Visa Rewards points about to expire, Amazon gift card means Xmas came early, and rounded out books I'd meant to buy but just hadn't for one reason or another. A few more on the way in a different shipment.

20141122_184923[1].jpg

Courtesy of Visa Rewards points about to expire, Amazon gift card means Xmas came early, and rounded out books I'd meant to buy but just hadn't for one reason or another. A few more on the way in a different shipment.

Nice! I have about 10 books in my cart on amazon, just havent pulled the trigger.

Nice! I have about 10 books in my cart on amazon, just havent pulled the trigger.

Yeah, there's certainly more I want to pick up, but these were the "I really want these" ones. I've got the Classic Styles Series book on Mild and "Cellarmanship" (book on properly prepping and serving cask ale) on the way, and I prerecorded the Malt book.

One day I'll get me a copy of De Clerck's Textbook of Brewing, but it's more than I can afford right now.

I thought it was bull**** when I logged on my Amazon account and said my order had been delivered. It's Sunday. Lo and behold on my porch is a box with my 2L flask, 2 wort pumps and 2 STC-1000 controllers.

I thought it was bull**** when I logged on my Amazon account and said my order had been delivered. It's Sunday. Lo and behold on my porch is a box with my 2L flask, 2 wort pumps and 2 STC-1000 controllers.

I heard the post office is running Sundays right now for packages, I wouldn't be surprised if FedEx & UPS are doing the same after all the people that got pissed off last Christmas season

A couple of days ago actually. Stir Starter stir plate from Adventures in Homebrewing. Love NB but the reviews on their plate and the cost turned me away.

I heard the post office is running Sundays right now for packages, I wouldn't be surprised if FedEx & UPS are doing the same after all the people that got pissed off last Christmas season

I heard somewhere that FedEx and ups actually contract out with USPS to make deliveries on the weekend. Don't know the validity of the though. I do love the shipment speed though. Ordered some stuff on amazon last Monday night with two day prime shipping and it showed up the next morning. Yeeeee amazon!!

I heard somewhere that FedEx and ups actually contract out with USPS to make deliveries on the weekend. Don't know the validity of the though. I do love the shipment speed though. Ordered some stuff on amazon last Monday night with two day prime shipping and it showed up the next morning. Yeeeee amazon!!

The USPS delivering on Sunday's is a permanent thing. Not just during the Holidays. It's a deal with Amazon.

The USPS has been delivering Fedex and UPS packages for about 5 years. Anything that says Smartpost, Surepost, or Mail Innovations...there's another one, can't remember what it's called right offhand...is either an UPS or Fedex package delivered by the USPS. Last time I heard, the number was 45% of Fedex and UPS yearly package volume is actually delivered by the USPS.

I wish someone would tell the ***** that delivers my mail that. I'm lucky if I get anything on Saturdays let alone Sundays. I don't use smart post because no matter what I get through the mail, if it's in a box I have to go pick it up because she's too lazy to even try to deliver it.

I wish someone would tell the ***** that delivers my mail that. I'm lucky if I get anything on Saturdays let alone Sundays. I don't use smart post because no matter what I get through the mail, if it's in a box I have to go pick it up because she's too lazy to even try to deliver it.

Hahaha. I know the feeling. It's usually someone else covering the weekend shifts, so that part's not completely her fault. I always hate it when I see that a package was shipped with ups and they dropped it off at the post office. Usually comes the next day, but that's still an extra day I have to wait when the ups truck would be on my road anyway. It's only ever came in handy like one time when something got delivered on a Saturday that wouldn't have gotten to me til monday. Only because they gave it to a USPS sort facility besides my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

4 oz Mandarina Bavaria, 4 oz Hallertau Blanc, and a carboy heater. Testing out the heater now, I'll see how well it works with no controller first. The Mandarina is for a saison in a few weeks (though I only need 2 oz) and no idea for the blanc yet).

Back