What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not "what came in the mail" for me, it's what didn't come in the mail. I ordered one of these from NorCal brewing (Jaybird). He's up in Redding CA, only about 6 or 7 hours north of me, and this was supposed to be arriving today via USPS. It's now been sitting in Michigan for the past two days. What the duff......Michigan!?!?!?

View attachment 701108

How is Michigan even remotely on an efficient path between Redding and Nipomo??? Obviously not @Jaybird fault that USPS does these weird routing methods at times. Luckily I wasn't planning on using it right away.
One thing is certain, I've changed my mind.....I won't be voting by mail next month!! ;)
Arrived today after spending three days in Michigan visiting friends? relatives?

A porch bomb from @Section1
060B4E3A-8E21-4A0B-A2AB-860BC9457545.jpeg

I got a pack of Omega Lutra Kveik yeast today. Gonna make a perry (pear cider) for the wife with it as an experiment to see what I get. Wish me luck!

John
Good luck! I love a good perry. Best one I've ever had was at a local one from a little pub in Estonia. So good.

Got a couple of gas connectors with check valves built-in. No more accidental CO2 swapping between kegs for me!
I haven't noticed swapping between kegs but sometimes I speed-carb soda or beer in a 2-liter and if I'm not really careful, I get backflow up the tubing while I am shaking, which is a PITA to clean up!

Got a new 1/2 horse power sump pump that I use for my keg cleaning and sanitizing system that I made using a 7 gallon bucket. I can clean the keg and both gas and liquid disconnects at the same time.

John

5 kg of pils, some rye malt, hops, yeast and some brett vials

And some pint cans full of delicious stuff from a local brewpub

Arrived today after spending three days in Michigan visiting friends? relatives?
Ohh MY! What the DUFF! Love that! Sorry about that as you said out of my control but DAMN! I sure hope it was wearing a mask around all those friends it was visiting on its journey! Voting by mail comment made me almost spit out my drink... That was funny! I appreciate the good humor...
I am glad it showed up!
Cheers
Jay

I bit the bullet and ordered some professionally done imprinting on some pint glasses. The per glass cost wasn’t too bad, it was the minimum order and shipping that cost some $$$. I’ll have enough glasses to give away for a very long time. (3 cases worth)
View attachment 703267

Good lord that's a lot of glassware, lol.

A Fastrack set for 24 x 22 oz bottles and a third rack for 12 oz... now I can store my 12 ouncers in the rack and get those boxes out of the brew equipment storage locker.

But that means I now have to scrape labels off the 72 Sam Adams bottles I've been storing for just such an occasion...

Back