What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1127.jpg

Not delivered via mail, but a personal drop off. My neighbor dropped off this bottle of liquor from China while she was there for a month. I’m very interested in cracking it open to try it!!

I’m not sure to be honest. I was so caught off guard by the nice gesture and saw the tag (thinking it would say in an English translation) that I didn’t even think to ask what it is called. There isn’t a single word in English on the tag or anywhere on it the bottle.

I’ll have to look up at what Baijiu is. I’ve never heard of that too. She did say they sip on it while eating peanuts or something similar. Thanks for throwing that out there.

4lbs of PBW, a growler filler hose, a paintball tank adapter for my kegerator, a keg tube brush and a bunch of beer line clamps.

Going to get started cleaning and regasketing my kegs.

I’ll have to look up at what Baijiu is. I’ve never heard of that too.

I can’t read Chinese. But....experience says....

It’s probably Baijiu. It probably doesn’t smell or taste very good. It will probably give you a headache. It will also probably make you do some things that you’ll question in the morning. Both because you’ll wonder if they really happened and also because you’ll be amazed that they did happen and that you were involved.

Probably... [emoji15]

Earlier this week: BLC and drill primarily for use with my grain mill; today should get a 2L flask to fit a size gap in my flask collection.

Yesterday = printer ink so that I can print out the recipe and brewing steps and silicone loaf pans so I can bake some bread.

Today a Timex Ironman watch.

My brew jacket came in last week! It is currently controlling a golden blonde ale at a perfect 67 degrees. I love the thing so far and it seems to be doing extremely well. I am very excited to taste the beer under a controlled fermentation.

17.6 oz Amarillo 2017
8.8 oz Loral 2017
8.8 oz Citra 2017
8.8 oz Simcoe 2017
1 x sack of Simpsons Golden Promise
Some rye, wheat and premium caramalt
4 x US-05
1 x Danstar Munich Classic
1 lbs PBW
16 oz Star-San
1 x Corona style mill
100 ml Isinglass

:rock:

Do you see anything like 白酒 on the label?

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

I snapped these quickly this morning. I’ll have to look into it some more to see if I can locate those characters you mentioned, but I thought I would share them in case anyone is familiar with the language.

Thanks for your help!

I don't speak either - just using a translator.

I can't make out anything in that first line - something about a stone ninja small altar?

Ingredients: Water, rice and soy beans
Date of Manufacture: See the bottle
Premium musk liquor (maybe white wine)
Implementation of the Standard: GB/T 16289 (Chi flavor chinese spirits)
Factory Address: 106 Pacific Street, Shiwan town, Foshan City, Guangdong Province

Then something about serve at room temperature, avoid the sun?
Excessive drinking is bad for your health
Made by Guangdong Stone Bay Production Group, LTD

I don't speak either - just using a translator.

I can't make out anything in that first line - something about a stone ninja small altar?

Ingredients: Water, rice and soy beans
Date of Manufacture: See the bottle
Premium musk liquor (maybe white wine)
Implementation of the Standard: GB/T 16289 (Chi flavor chinese spirits)
Factory Address: 106 Pacific Street, Shiwan town, Foshan City, Guangdong Province

Then something about serve at room temperature, avoid the sun?
Excessive drinking is bad for your health
Made by Guangdong Stone Bay Production Group, LTD

Thanks for your help! That was fast too!

8 oz of BS Remover. This stuff works like a charm.

I need that to read the news lately. Oh wait....

Not here yet, but arriving tonight a digital pH meter. Once I get it will probably run around the house testing the pH of anything I can find. Had good reviews on Amazon and no store around here carries them.

25Kg sack of gladfields german pilsner malt bring my total stock of base malts up to about 60Kg...
Me thinks this home brewing is getting out of hand LOL. Should last me a while though.

Annnd I just realised I can't brew this weekend as the fermentation chamber is tied up with my nelson sauvin smash till the end of next week.

Enough ingrediants for my first belgium tripel brew ready now so as soon as the chamber is available I can brew

Great! 100 G of propane should be good for eleventy-seven hundred brew days....
But can you get a dealer to fill this old valve?

For a $25 “upgrade” fee plus fuel, I can get an exchange tank with (presumably) a fresh inspection date. That is to say, per a phone conversation with Airgas. Hopefully it’s legit, but for the mean time I’ve got 100gal of propane for less than $20! [emoji12][emoji482]

For a $25 “upgrade” fee plus fuel, I can get an exchange tank with (presumably) a fresh inspection date. That is to say, per a phone conversation with Airgas. Hopefully it’s legit, but for the mean time I’ve got 100gal of propane for less than $20! [emoji12][emoji482]

Day-um! you scored! Nice job! :mug:

I’m not sure to be honest. I was so caught off guard by the nice gesture and saw the tag (thinking it would say in an English translation) that I didn’t even think to ask what it is called. There isn’t a single word in English on the tag or anywhere on it the bottle.

I’ll have to look up at what Baijiu is. I’ve never heard of that too. She did say they sip on it while eating peanuts or something similar. Thanks for throwing that out there.

Try downloading Google Translate on your phone and using the image translation aspect of the app. It might be able to pull the text and translate if you do that...I've had mixed success.

Gallons, or pounds? 100 gallons would be pushing 500 pounds with the tank ...

The answer to that is.... no idea. I was told gallons, and i know it was a handful getting out of the truck, but I would have guessed less than 500#. I’ll check it tonight to see if there are any makings to say, or maybe take measurements and ask google.

Latest posts

Back