What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
upload_2018-2-9_9-25-21.jpeg
Big thanks to @wilserbrewer. I ordered a new 11 gallon bag and he threw in a hop boil bag, and 2 dry hop bags. These things look to be of great quality! I can't wait to carve out some brew time and make use of them.

I received my Wilserbrewer gear for winning the Super Bowl contest! Everything looks top notch! And fast shipping too! Thanks again to Wilser for running the contest!

Priming sugar, DME for starters, spring loaded bottling wand, (got sick of the cheapie that dripped) bottle caps and Starsan.

Just restocking.

This I'm curious about, what's the difference between the OG and what's being upgraded?

Is this because of the boiling cavitation issue? Or are these add on for other pumps
These are conversion parts to turn my chugger pumps into riptide pumps.

Basically right now I use two standard steel head chugger pumps, each with Blichmann valves. It's basically the same thing as the riptide with the exception I can't really easily take them apart to clean.

Plus I wanted to get two more Blichmann valves for my kettle and hlt. The upgrade kit is only 20 more than the valve alone. So I figured win win

Apparently have no desire to use your insides for a while after these? Lol j/k
As I've gotten older, I've slowed down on hot pepper consumption, probably because I have very little insides left. :eek: I share the harvest with family and friends. Used to mix and grind pepper blends, give them goofy names, like the bottles you'll find at specialty shops. Also made hot oil and pepper sauces. Nothing fancy and nothing I'd ever consider selling.

View attachment 557280 Big thanks to @wilserbrewer. I ordered a new 11 gallon bag and he threw in a hop boil bag, and 2 dry hop bags. These things look to be of great quality! I can't wait to carve out some brew time and make use of them.
I love my Wilserbags! Brew, hop, dry hop, dry hop in the keg...even make great cold brew coffee bags!

Got this thermowell and replaced my dial thermometer. JONE High Quality Stainless Steel Thermowell 1/2"NPT Threads 50-250 Temperature Sensor Home Tool (A1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078MKLXNK/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
Tested for leaks and used my new Inkbird to test the differential between the thermowell and in the kettle. Most I measured was .2°F
IMG_20180212_174514.jpg
MVIMG_20180212_174410.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Barley Crusher with 7lb hopper. I brew 3-gallon partial-extract batches and typically don't use more than 5.5lbs of malt, so it should work great.

Taprite regulator, Thermopen pH meter, Duda 2-piece valves to replace the MLT and BK valves, storage and calibration liquids for the pH meter

Just got 4 new intertap faucets and I think they look sharp! I like the option of swapping out the tips for different functions!View attachment 558265
You will not regret it! I love mine, no more sticky faucets! I don't tend to use the barbed tip because a piece of silicone tubing fits over the standard tip just fine for filling growlers and then I use the ball lock for filling bottles. The ball lock fitting is also great for flushing liquid lines (like for my bottle filler set up) and keeping the disconnect open to dry.

You will not regret it! I love mine, no more sticky faucets! I don't tend to use the barbed tip because a piece of silicone tubing fits over the standard tip just fine for filling growlers and then I use the ball lock for filling bottles. The ball lock fitting is also great for flushing liquid lines (like for my bottle filler set up) and keeping the disconnect open to dry.
Nice! That's what I was hoping for. The old faucets were making me crazy. I'm glad to hear these are what I was looking for!

Some stuff from gotta-brew.com.. 4x60watt heat elements. 4x SS thermowells (for buckets). 2x cool zone jackets. And 1x inkbird dual stage controller.

Getting ready for another brew this weekend. Woot!

Latest posts

Back