What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two ball lock jumpers for my kegerator cleaner. Just waiting for the growler filler spouts to daisy chain everything.

Ball_Lock_JumperPost-2T.jpg

Yesterday my temp controller and temp probe came in for my basement fridge.
s-l1600.jpg
I'm using the porch keggorator now so the basement one is empty.

I have an oktoberfest kit and i need someplace colder to ferment.

Also received a PH probe to test the soil where i plan to grow hops next spring. not sure how accurate they are but i have at least a better idea of the soil than i had two days ago.

IMG_20170814_183018b9c61.jpg

One big and two small bags to make twenty-some liters of Spitfire-ish brit ale.

...only problem is I was supposed to get these a week ago! Summer vacation came and went so a bit unsure when I have the time to brew this.

Took advantage of the NB 3 IPA kits for $20 a piece deal, even though I'm stocked up on beer kits for quite some time, just couldn't pass up the deal, they came on Friday

A 15-gallon Spike kettle, a 22-inch whisk, and a pair of Doc Marten 1460s. It's a good day. :D

Pick one up, guys at Oktober are great to deal with. It's one of my favorite things I've bought for the brewery.

At $1500, I'm going to try to convince my HBC or HBS to invest in a shared venture. SWMBO will put my balls in a can if i soend that much on a canner.

I'm close to dropping the gf on top of all my other issues ... big stack. And retail therapy is a fantastic opportunity to cheer myself up ... so without gf I got nothing besides will power.

At $1500, I'm going to try to convince my HBC or HBS to invest in a shared venture. SWMBO will put my balls in a can if i soend that much on a canner.

Ha! I go to work every day and we have separate accounts, she buys what she wants, I buy what I want. As long as all of the bills are paid at months end we're both happy. If she told me I couldn't buy something I'd definitely laugh and tell her she's crazy in the most respectful way possible. She usually rolls her eyes at me but is very supportive, my last brew system was a birthday present. When I just ordered my 1bbl system she didn't offer to pay this time though lol.

I'm close to dropping the gf on top of all my other issues ... big stack. And retail therapy is a fantastic opportunity to cheer myself up ... so without gf I got nothing besides will power.

Just think how cool the new girls will think you are when you give them cans of your own beer! Sounds like a win win!!!

These actually came in on Wednesday & Thursday.

20170913_173716.jpg

Thanks Bobby M.

20170914_114935.jpg

Thanks Jay Bird.

As usual both are Great places and People to deal with, Quality first rate. :mug:

8 packets of Notty Yeast, and 10 pounds of UK extra dark crystal. Next month I need to order 2 bags of golden promise... stocking up because plans are to brew almost every weekend up until freeze up. I currently have 10 kegs and want all 10 full by Dec 1st! Then maybe I can avoid brewing the 2 coldest months of the year(or 3...).

5/8 Stainless racking cane (massive), 3/8 auto siphon, and 50 feet super clear 1/2 silicone tubing. That is the brewhardware tubing so it is nice and clear.

Now I have plenty to finish the RIMS connectors.

These actually came in on Wednesday & Thursday.

View attachment 414378

Thanks Bobby M.

View attachment 414377

Thanks Jay Bird.

As usual both are Great places and People to deal with, Quality first rate. :mug:

Sorry to jump in, FoxPaw, just wondering if I can ask about BrewHardware.com's - those are "Big C" female cams, right? Can you (or anyone) talk about how the short barb works on hosing? I couldn't figure out how that's enough. (Probably missing something obvious....). Thanks. BTW - this is another thing on my cart. Pretty cool, I haven't seen a glass like this on the homebrew level.

flowsightcam-2T.jpg

Today, got dip tubes for my upcoming vessels from Spike. (custom MLT coming sometime over the next week or so), That, and the second Chugger. Nice to have them both come in on the same day. :)

The first (commercial) hops of the (northern hemisphere) 2017 vintage, heritage varieties from a Bushel of Hops in Sussex. Tolhurst, College Cluster and Keyworth Early.

Who needs Citra anyway? :)

I just got a hockey mask from Amazon today for my Jason costume that I plan on wearing when I run in our local Halloween 15K next week.

two 2.5 gallon kegs from adventures in homebrewing. i ordered them on monday and as of this afternoon, my credit card still said the charge was pending and the order on their website indicated 'pending'. no track shipping, nothing. i was getting ready to call them tomorrow but i got home from work and bam, on the front porch.

More 2017 hops - Ernest, a British hop that's only become available in the last few months, although it was originally bred in 1921 and rejected for tasting "too American". Supposedly "a complex flavour with predominantly fruity notes, especially apricot, citrus and spice", although I doubt the dull weather of the 2017 season will have it done it many favours.

Latest posts

Back