What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the don't miss breweries in Nashville and Chattanooga? Asking for a friend who will be passing through there soon.
I think Nashville is potentially closing things again so not sure what might be open. But, I always liked Jackalope, Bearded Iris, Yazoo and Tennessee Brew Works. Lived in Nashville for 8 years until 2016 - beer scene exploded.

I live in Boston, so there is quite a few Breweries to choose from but the most recent one I visited was Granite Coast Brewing in Peabody, MA. I had their Dark Mild and Kolsch. Very good if I do say.

87A7D8FA-CF51-49C4-8E70-AA1B145C5C56.jpeg
69DA7D25-5A86-418E-8C44-1B04D7E7F858.jpeg
visit from Father’s Day weekend

Getting back into the swing of things. Railroaded my club's beer competition entries up to Jacksonville, FL. Dropped in on:

Bold City - C
20210625_171910.jpg
20210625_172943.jpg

King Maker - A
20210625_180817.jpg
20210625_181807.jpg

Aardwolf - I ordered the very trendy slow pour Czech lager - A
20210625_192645.jpg
20210625_193150.jpg

And dropped in at Playalinda in Titusville on the way back down (note the key lime sour complete with whipped cream on the rim) - A
20210626_123221.jpg
20210626_124455.jpg

Headed to the coast to avoid the heat and humidity and play golf. Last minute planned as I heard Other Half was taking over Vitamin Sea taps. Hit Trilliums new location. Right off the highway but close to hiking trails and more lawn area to lounge in. Lots of barrels and OH guys roaming around ....aaaand that woman dressed in black in front of me and in the heat was about 6 months pregnant. Priorities
IMG_20210627_144240.jpg
IMG_20210627_144628.jpg
IMG_20210627_144631.jpg
IMG_20210627_154859.jpg

Not a brewery, but a new bottle shop/taproom opened recently in our town and the husband and I paid a visit on Friday. Nice place in a strip mall, lots on tap, bottle selection not great (mostly locals, was hoping for something out of state, like WAY out of state). But we each had a couple of hot dogs that were done right, and a couple of pints. The nearest brewery is about a 20 minute drive and it's small, so having a place like this within 10 minutes of the house was pretty cool. I'll take pics next time we're there.

Last week on vacation stopped into Cape May Brewing in Cape May NJ. My wife son and I split a couple of flights. Cape May Brewing only supplies beers to NJ, the Philadelphia area and part of Delaware. They do not ship anywhere else. And sorry I did not get any pics.
Tried a couple different IPAs, two different Saisons, a Whitbier, a couple APAs and a Shandy. With the exception of one of the saisons, all were really good. Those in the area and want to stop in or pick up at a store here are the beers we tried (don’t remember the exact name of the saisons, but the farmhouse saison was the one not as good as all the others):
Crusty Barnacle - APA
Follow the Gull - IPA
Orange Crushin’ It - IPA
Cape May IPA - IPA
Cape May White - Whitbier
The Grove - Shandy

They have a great taproom, outdoor beer garden attached to the taproom and a brewtanical garden with picknic tables and areas etc. As a NJ brewery they cannot serve food, but you can bring your own.
As said, worth the trip if in the area.

Right now at Slag Heap in Trussville, AL. Recently Druid City in Tuscaloosa, Key City in Vicksburg. Also Bicentennial in Jackson, MS, a tiny little brewery inside a craft beer store with some tasty, interesting beers!

Jovaru Brewery, in Lithuania, this weekend. Our second visit to the most celebrated traditional farmhouse brewer in Lithuania, and owner of the Jovaru yeast strain marketed by Omega.

I had promised to take Aldona Udriene a pack of her own strain from the US (for her little museum) and also gave her a copy of Lars Garshol’s Historical Brewing Techniques book, which features her prominently. She received us with incredible food and “gave” us (I had to insist to pay) this beauty of an 8-gallon keg full of her amazing raw kaimiškas alus.

Aldona, who is 80, learned brewing and carries her unique yeast strain from her parents and grandparents, has brewed all her life yet struggles to make ends meet as the pandemic has shut down her main clients. She wonders whether anyone in the US has used her yeast and what people think of it.
C444E517-FB62-4BFB-A8CD-B0C49E804358.jpeg
5A33A671-E50D-4FEC-9E53-9EAFF5FFA054.jpeg
09900B98-F495-4057-828B-DD38FD140AE5.jpeg
B701560E-4454-405F-B39B-6DFFD4B406E8.jpeg

Right now at Slag Heap in Trussville, AL. Recently Druid City in Tuscaloosa, Key City in Vicksburg. Also Bicentennial in Jackson, MS, a tiny little brewery inside a craft beer store with some tasty, interesting beers!
I know this is a late response but how were the beers at Slag Heap. I live part time near Trussville and visited that brew pub soon after it opened. I was not impressed with their offerings. Maybe it has gotten better but I haven't been back.

On the contrary, Ferris Brewery, the newest in Trussville has some very good brews, great facility and beer garden and stage. Birmingham area has several good breweries including Avondale and Good People.

I know this is a late response but how were the beers at Slag Heap. I live part time near Trussville and visited that brew pub soon after it opened. I was not impressed with their offerings. Maybe it has gotten better but I haven't been back.

On the contrary, Ferris Brewery, the newest in Trussville has some very good brews, great facility and beer garden and stage. Birmingham area has several good breweries including Avondale and Good People.
They haven't changed much since opening. Some good, some so so, depending on what you like. Ferus has some very good brews.

Goat Island in Cullman Alabama was my most recent brew pub visit. Love their Richter's Pilsner and Alabama just recently made it legal for breweries to sell directly to the public. Scheduled pick up for sixtel to take home to the beach.

Back