What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boyfriend & I tried to grab a pint at Henderson Brewing in TO tonight. Walked in and stood at the bar for a minute. Were ignored by the bar staff. Grabbed a table, figuring it was table service. Minutes go by, no acknowledgement whatsoever from the servers. The place was not busy. Eventually I grabbed a guy and asked what the deal was. He snaps "We don't offer table service, period", pivots, and walks away. I was about to go back to the bar and try again to order some pints, but my boyfriend insisted we leave. He was right; there are literally 3 other microbreweries in a 5 minute walk from that place, and at least 7 within a 5 minute bike ride. There's so much competition in this area, I'd much prefer to spend my money in a place that actually wants it

Swamp Rabbit in Travelers Rest, SC. I'm too lazy to fix the image just cock your head sideways :)

image.jpg

My boyfriend & I tried to grab a pint at Henderson Brewing in TO tonight. Walked in and stood at the bar for a minute. Were ignored by the bar staff. Grabbed a table, figuring it was table service. Minutes go by, no acknowledgement whatsoever from the servers. The place was not busy. Eventually I grabbed a guy and asked what the deal was. He snaps "We don't offer table service, period", pivots, and walks away. I was about to go back to the bar and try again to order some pints, but my boyfriend insisted we leave. He was right; there are literally 3 other microbreweries in a 5 minute walk from that place, and at least 7 within a 5 minute bike ride. There's so much competition in this area, I'd much prefer to spend my money in a place that actually wants it

Seems we are a victim of our own success with the exploding craft brew scene. A conversation with a craft brew owner enlightened me as he said he had so much walk in business he wished it would slow down. When asking if he was planning to distribute regionally he said heck no, my profit margin is so much higher right here in the taproom.

None the less, as a customer we expect courteous and respectful service. With so many brew houses jammed together in TO, the offender's loss of business should change their mode of operandi in a hurry.

Niagara college teaching brewery with the family from England!

image.jpeg

Went to Halo Brewery for the first time yesterday.It's a pretty small place and they only had a couple of beers available, but I really liked it. We tried Shapeshifter (sour IPA), Magic Missile (dry-hopped pale ale) and Golden Ratio (another dry-hopped pale ale and the best of the three). Also, I checked out their website before we went and noticed that they actually post the recipes for all their brews. I thought that was pretty cool

I will be in Augusta this weekend, probably going to head over to River Watch and check them out.

I have had Cautionary Tale by them, it is a good IPA.

Going to Zwayze day at Trillium on Saturday and also hitting up Tree House.

Hitting Asheville NC this weekend. Will get to some of the standards...Sierra Nevada, Oskar Blues, Green Man, French Broad, wicked weed. Wife is preggo aka the brewery tour driver!

Went to Dogfishhead, (twice), while camping near Rehoboth. Took the tour one time, they have some strange brews, like a Lobster Stout with basil. I'll take their 60 minute every time.

We did a road trip to Reno a few weeks ago, on our way south we got to hit Ninkasi Brewery and did the tour. I don't have pics handy but they've got a pretty nice operation and the taproom was nice.

Hit up a few these past couple of months. We hit Spilled Grain in Annandale, good beer and atmosphere. Lupulin in Big Lake, great beer! Their blissful ignorance #4 was a IIPA and was very tasty. Lupine and South Fork both in Delano. Both had some nice beers. Foxhole in Willmar. Their pumpkin ale was the best one we've had this year. Goat ridge in New London. Urban Moose and Beaver Island in the St. Cloud area. Urban had a good Octoberfest. This past weekend we hit Urban Growler in St. Paul. They had an imperial cream ale brewed with candy corn that was really good. Lift Bridge in Stillwater. Had to try the mini donut beer! Oliphant in Wisconsin. And our last stop wasn't a brewery but a restaurant called Stone Tap in Hudson. They had a few beers on tap that we can't get here in Mn. They had some Three Floyds but unfortunately we missed Zombie Dust by a week[emoji31]. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1477861749.574378.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1477861765.623132.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1477861781.258209.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1477861793.242432.jpg

Visited Grand Rounds BrewPub in Rochester a few weeks ago. Loved the peanut butter stout & their Hop Bollocks Session IPA. Great bar food and the atmosphere was fantastic. Wish we had something like it close to home.

Heading out to Mumford brewing in LA tomorrow. LA is not that great as far as craft beer, but the Mumford beers I've tried have been great. Now I'll get to check out the whole line up.

Did Bell's, New Holland, Founders, and Arbor this weekend. Was most impressed by New Holland. Disappointed with Founders. Sorry no photos, I never think to take them.

Back