What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very impressive looking place! Nice to see locations repurposed for a new life and what's better than beer?
Sadly, many agricultural acres have been sold to developers who inturn, build high density housing. Can’t blame people for wanting to make big money, but we need open spaces too.

Not a brewery, but a meadery.

Tornadoes and severe storms along our planned route home necessitated a sharp turn heading due south. Ended up in Tupelo, MS, with a request from our daughter to get some Tupelo honey. What we got was a Master Class in ‘honey’, mainly that there is almost no actual ’Tupelo honey’ anywhere. We were directed to a local meadery where the locals said we might be able to get some.

Turns out that authentic Tupelo honey only comes from pollinated Tupelo Gum trees, most of which have been cut down, leaving few groves. The issue is further complicated by the fact that the name (Tupelo) was never copyrighted, so most labeled ‘Tupelo’ honey is not authentic and can come from anywhere.

But, back on topic, we did a sampling of six meads, plus a mead slushy that was really a treat. SWMBO’d had never had mead before, but she was won over by a dry mead fermented with Pinot Noir must.

If you’re ever passing through Tupelo, stop by Queen’s Reward Meadery. You won’t be disappointed.

1715121470550.jpeg

If you’re ever passing through Tupelo, stop by Queen’s Reward Meadery.
I agree! I've been in several times and always enjoy doing a tasting. I have a bottle of their 2019 blueberry mead I plan on opening next time I'm with my son and grandson. I expect it'll be pretty tasty by now.

Back