What beer/homebrew blogs/magazines do you read?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mostly rely on HBT and I get great information here, but I was looking to start getting educated on brewing practices and techniques, so I joined American Homebrewers Association. They have lots of tutorials and seminars where you can learn from the PROs. I think I paid around $45 for a year l membership and a years subscription to Zymurgy magazine.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/membership/membership-benefits/

None... I generally look through forum threads for interesting information that helps with my brewing addiction... I mean hobby 🍻

What beer/wine/homebrewing blogs, e-zines, newsletters or magazines do you read?
Pretty much only homebrewtalk.com. I'm a rank amateur, true know nothing. I don't even know enough to be a blowhard! This is just another of my foibles. I don't even drink that much, a 5 gallon batch would go bad before I finished it. So I brew 1 gallon at a time, BIAG or kit, and really appreciate the results.

Of course every spring my wife and I make 1 - 2 gallons of Dandelion Wine (I had wanted to do this since I was a young kid and read the book by Ray Bradbury.) Speaking of which it is time to bottle this year's batch.

BYO and Zymurgy. But mostly books, honestly. And while I have fun in the brewing Facebook groups, at least 25% of the advice is plain wrong. HBT is better, but not as good as Noonan, Kunze, and Palmer.

Zymurgy, Brew Your Own, and probably the most read in this household Craft Beer and Brewing

None really, gave up home brewing since there are so many independent breweries we can get kegs from at decent prices now.

Very little anymore. When I was getting started I found BYO & Zymurgy engaging. I relied upon HBT to help visualize new equipment builds and capture some best practices on how to assemble my own brewing equipment. I transitioned from those to a lot of books and academic literature. Additionally, given the price and sophistication of what you can purchase, and additional disposable income as I got old, I do less constructing of my own equipment.

Brew Your Own. Craft Beer and Brewing formerly, but it got very commercial and I dropped it.

i allready know how to brew to my taste. so i just come here to think of something to put on the radio while brewing/drinking.

not to say i don't pick up a few things here and there, just hangin out with other homebrewers!

edit: forgot the point of that post, HBT is all....

homebrewtalk.com
beeradvocate homebrewing forum
sometimes Beer Maverick and Brew Your Own

I mostly find interesting youtube channels documenting brew days, different methods, and equipment reviews. I don't read any blogs or print publications.

Back