What are your thought on Mandarina Bavaria hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i4ourgot

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at my hop options and this is one I have never used before. What are peoples thoughts is this a good dry hop addition for IPAs? Also not sure on the year of the hops I have used but these are 2017 but a really good deal.

Looking at my hop options and this is one I have never used before. What are peoples thoughts is this a good dry hop addition for IPAs? Also not sure on the year of the hops I have used but these are 2017 but a really good deal.

Very orange / tangerine, as I recall, with some additional background citrus. It's a good hop, IMO.

Yes it's good. Much cheaper than amarillo etc here in uk, so it's been a good value hop. Not as aggressive as similar us style hops but very nice. Very orangey but of honey and light herbal notes

I did a lot of single hop pilsners to learn the differences between various hop varieties. Don’t expect to make a great beer with each one, but you’ll learn a lot.

One interesting thing I found recently was that my leftover 2017 German magnum and German mandarina Bavaria work brilliantly as bittering hops and dry hops, respectively, in an IPA. Much better than the American varieties I normally use.

cool. I was a little worried if they were too old. But than i never really know what years the hops are from my local home brew shop.

cool. I was a little worried if they were too old. But than i never really know what years the hops are from my local home brew shop.

Don’t buy LHBS hops. Too many online sources that sell better stuff at a fraction of the price.

Don’t buy LHBS hops. Too many online sources that sell better stuff at a fraction of the price.

Yeah I like supporting the local shops as much as I can afford to. Its nice to have people to talk to and ask questions to and support the local community.

Yeah I like supporting the local shops as much as I can afford to. Its nice to have people to talk to and ask questions to and support the local community.

Me too that’s why I buy grain, yeast and other stuff from them.

It’s not even the high price of the hops they bothers me though, it’s the poor quality and inconsistent inventory. My beer is better for buying fresh stuff online by the pound.

Latest posts

Back