What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit I am not the biggest country fan, I do listen to rockabilly and occasional the outlaw country channel on the satellite radio. While watching the country music documentary there was a commercial that played many times with people passing a banjo and playing a few lick that got me to find out who this artist was.

I see these kids are popular here already, just showed up on my 'tube feed.

Man, this is just so damn good. I know I'm an old fart but this music video gave me a grin from ear to ear. I love when younger folks can appreciate and play music that was popular years before they were even born. And they played the hell out of it. Awesome!!

Let's give some love to the younger generation (s)...

One of my favorite songs. They killed it (though the gleeful smiles while they sang it are counter to the sincerity due the lyrics). Dolly's version is of course, sacrosanct, but if you like the song you should check out this version. Jack White is quite sharp in it, but man he feels it for sure. I think that's his sister on drums. Dude is the ****. Odd song from a guy, but music knows now boundaries :)

One of my favorite songs. They killed it (though the gleeful smiles while they sang it are counter to the sincerity due the lyrics). Dolly's version is of course, sacrosanct, but if you like the song you should check out this version. Jack White is quite sharp in it, but man he feels it for sure. I think that's his sister on drums. Dude is the poopy. Odd song from a guy, but music knows now boundaries :)

Glorious version from Jack and Meg

063D76ED-BC4B-48EB-9631-26C8C1EC362D.jpeg

Beach Boys "Good Timin' from 1979. Geez... 41 years ago. Great song. Harmonies sound great. Bit late in the Beach Boys career, and 11 years before they released Kokomo. Saw the Beach Boys a few years ago in concert. One of the few groups I can honestly write put on a great show. If the Beach Boys, and I understand now Brian Wilson is touring with them, are in your area, go see them!

Last edited:
The Dead South, In Hell I'll Be in Good Company.
Lyrics:
Dead Love couldn't go no further
Proud of and disgusted by her
Push shove, a little bruised and battered
Oh Lord I ain't coming home with you
My life's a bit more colder
Dead wife is what I told her
Brass knife sinks into my shoulder
Oh babe don't know what I'm gonna do
I see my red head, messed bed, tear shed
Queen bee, my squeeze
The stage it smells, tells, hell's bells