What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
La Fin Triple. This out of the blue knee thing this is pissing me off. 😠

PXL_20221028_221026911.PORTRAIT.jpg

You know how every once in a while you straight up nail one? One of those deals where the taste that you had on your mind's tongue while writing the recipe is exactly what comes out of the fermenter? My first sip of this, off the fermenter, once the keg was filled, prompted me to say, "Oh! I made goodness!"

With the Panther Piss adjunct lager project finally wrapped up, I'm returning to my brewery's UK-inspired roots and writing clean-slate recipes--it's too easy to fall back on old favorites, I've got to keep pushing forward and learning!

This is a brown porter that I kegged this evening. Flavor-wise, I nailed it. Color-wise, an ounce of something black might do it some good. But I kinda like the idea that it is resolutely brown. I'll let it drop clear and decide what to do from there.

First picture is straight off the fermenter. Second picture has some head because it came off the keg, to make sure the ale was under the gas in post.

41F31114-EAEA-4ABE-BA67-C464BAEFF35B.jpeg

B692291B-48C9-421E-8FD4-C0EFEE6A007A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back