What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220720_231556.jpg

HB cider with Morris.

My girlie says Morris is a dish.....
We took Morris in as a stray. He came up to me and rubbed up against me as I was working in our yard. I instantly knew he couldn't survive as a stray. Because we had three other cats at the time, we let my parents keep him for 2 months until we knew he didn't have feline leukemia. My dad said he is the world's best cat. After caring for my sister's cats, he said he was glad she never had kids because we would be visiting them in prison now if she had ROFL.

Same beer, but done bottling. On the left is a gallon of local, as in a couple miles away, traditional and the right is a buckwheat Acerglyn. Shew that buckwheat honey will give any funky beer a run for it’s money. Straight up horse barn funk. It’s awesome!View attachment 775551

You sign up for the FotHB trade?

HB Vienna lager.
Question: do you folks think this beer would stay fresh long enough to enter in a competition on September 17 if I bottle it now with a TapCooler filler and CO2 bottle purge? I fear I’m getting very close to the bottom of this keg and should do it soon if it’s feasible.
I guess I could fill 3 bottles and drink one closer to the shipping deadline. I’m just not sure there are 3 bottles left.
5F71D98E-C592-441B-A3B7-DCAF1964CD84.jpeg

Edit: 4 bottles… event website says 3 required for the entry.

Last edited:
HB Vienna lager.
Question: do you folks think this beer would stay fresh long enough to enter in a competition on September 17 if I bottle it now with a TapCooler filler and CO2 bottle purge? I fear I’m getting very close to the bottom of this keg and should do it soon if it’s feasible.
I guess I could fill 3 bottles and drink one closer to the shipping deadline. I’m just not sure there are 3 bottles left.
View attachment 775631
Edit: 4 bottles… event website says 3 required for the entry.
As long as you bottle well - i.e. under pressure, no O2 - - it will keep as well in the bottle as the keg. Possibly better since it will be off any sediment in the keg. I like the idea of an extra bottle to decide with. When do you need to decide by? Are there entry limits? Getting close to that? Etc.

As long as you bottle well - i.e. under pressure, no O2 - - it will keep as well in the bottle as the keg. Possibly better since it will be off any sediment in the keg. I like the idea of an extra bottle to decide with. When do you need to decide by? Are there entry limits? Getting close to that? Etc.
Registration doesn’t start until August 1. Final drop off is September 9. I’d probably have to decide by the 5th or 6th at the latest. I guess I’ll see how many bottles I can fill first.
OT
John Deere Busch light
D9C0C4C8-8384-4104-B961-8C70DD0A2933.jpeg2D923F89-60E0-4473-ACDE-34EE7FCA441C.jpeg

Back