What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In NYC for work, trying my first Sloop Juice Bomb.
7EA4F4FF-BD31-4E69-82CF-F57C4FF97E0F.jpeg

Sangria. Made with half a bottle of homemade dry concord grape wine, a small orange (half juiced and half sliced), homemade crabapple syrup (think jelly that didn't set, except it has a little less sugar than that and wasn't intended to set), a little brandy, and ice. In a quart wide-mouth mason jar. It's actually pretty good even tho' none of its component parts are all that great.

At Cross-eyed Owl Brewing in Decatur, AL. Right to left: gose, cherry Berlinerweisse, German wheat, maple pecan ale. First 3 not much taste at all, low carbonation. Maple pecan is a little better, but not impressed.

View attachment 773271
Interesting glassware... Coupled with the low carbonation, I get the feeling that they have some ideas that they're trying to be assertive about.

Shame you were let down. If nothing else, they're really pretty beers.

Love a good stout but I’m looking for that more in winter and colder weather. Just me. I know its big in Jamaica so it is just me. That said I have 3 stouts in bottles now. Dry stout, Milk Stout, Imperial Stout. I’m all about lagers and lighter beers for summer. I have a pre-pro lager and a keg of HB Truly on tap in my kegerator for summer. Planning an amber lager when my lagering fridge comes in.

Something from the Leinie lodge while vacationing in Wisconsin at a lake house my sister found. This place has 6 distinct seating areas - glassed in "porch", deck, firepit, glassed in boathouse a pier with benches and a raft all of which seat at least 10 each. You could easily host an MTV party at this place, and there's 5 of us.

Attachments

• 20220627_223537.jpg
    20220627_223537.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Salty Nut Brewery, now owned by Straight to Ale.
L to r: pilsner (interesting little sweetness); American blonde ale (with an herbal spice from Santiam (Oregon), an interesting flavor I just can't quite describe); Tea-Rex saison with orange, coriander, Earl Grey and blackberries (better on draft for sure); and a tropical IPA (not an IPA guy, buy try one occasionally to see if I've expanded my pallette...I haven't).
IMG_20220628_164958536.jpg

Last edited:
Back