What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20220501_171907686.jpg

After a long, busy weekend at Indy in Birmingham, this was a light, refreshing brew. However...it wasn't very tart, wasn't very plum-y and was pretty under carbed to be called a saison IMO. To me, they created expectations that weren't met, but not a bad beer.

Well, poop! Third keg to die this week
I know the feeling. I’ve had two kegs kick in two days. I kegged a Cali Common yesterday and it’s approaching drinkable, and I’ve got an Irish Red fermenting which probably has a week to go. Brewing a Blonde Ale right now. Keeping a pipeline full is a second job. Oh wait… I’m retired. :p

I know the feeling. I’ve had two kegs kick in two days. I kegged a Cali Common yesterday and it’s approaching drinkable, and I’ve got an Irish Red fermenting which probably has a week to go. Brewing a Blonde Ale right now. Keeping a pipeline full is a second job. Oh wait… I’m retired. :p

I knew I was getting low, but I didn’t think all 3 I had running would kick within 4 days of each other. Looks like I’ll try to work in another brew day next weekend. I’m really excited to taste my Irish stout cold and on beer gas. I think there’s a very high possibility that I cracked the GUINNESS code!!!… or at least very close.

I knew I was getting low, but I didn’t think all 3 I had running would kick within 4 days of each other. Looks like I’ll try to work in another brew day next weekend. I’m really excited to taste my Irish stout cold and on beer gas. I think there’s a very high possibility that I cracked the GUINNESS code!!!… or at least very close.
That would be cool! :ban:

That's the one in the Ale Recipes section of this forum?

No, this one is from Ron Pattinson's blog that he pulled direct from the brewing records. The early 70's are said to be the golden age of Bodds. Also note it's in imperial units. I went with Wyeast 1968 but may go with Omega Gulo at some point to get it to finish a little drier but it's good with 1968.

Orfy's Boddington's Bitter is a good brew though.

No, this one is from Ron Pattinson's blog that he pulled direct from the brewing records. The early 70's are said to be the golden age of Bodds. Also note it's in imperial units. I went with Wyeast 1968 but may go with Omega Gulo at some point to get it to finish a little drier but it's good with 1968.

Orfy's Boddington's Bitter is a good brew though.
Thanks for taking the time.

I have both recipes transcribed into my copy of Beersmith, I really need to get over my case of AHDS (Arrogant Homebrewer Disorder Syndrome) and brew somebody else's recipe. Your rendition looks gorgeous...and I can taste it with my eyes.

Good stuff, sir!

Saint Arnold's "Double Down". It's a pretty good DIPA at 9.2% and not *too* heavy or bitter. I've had two; I want one more beer tonight but think I'll switch to something lighter -- Modelo Negra.

I also found a bottle of whiskey tonight that I've been searching for for at least 6 or 7 years. Wild Turkey 101 Rye. Spec's Liquor Warehouse in Humble, Texas had it. But I know better than to open that now.

My attempt at a 1910 Fullers X Mild from one of Ron Pattinson's books (an early example of a dark mild). Don't know if I'd brew this one again. A little to sweet for me. Not sure if it's the molasses from the turbinado invert or it's just to malty. Going to give it a couple more weeks in the bottle hopefully it's just that it's not fully carbonated enough yet and will lose some of the sweetness. Adding about 10 more IBUs from the original recipe if I did brew it again could also help.

PXL_20220503_195604126.jpg

Back