What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5C596329-8C17-4530-8934-C43BE00E7BA8.jpeg

This place ain't gonna make it very long with this "professional" beer.

A so-called pilsner with berries. Actually it's low carbonated, water with watered down berries. The group also had a coffee stout and a cinnamon coffee stout. In both cases, they tasted like coffee with a splash of overly bitter beer. Also gross...at $9/12oz, I'll stick to my own HB thx!

Cool people watching though.
PXL_20220408_042813261.jpg

25558D8B-B38C-4DE8-BE39-64BE4E318379.jpeg

My Comet heavy IPA. Now I know not to use so much Comet next time.
I didn’t expect the color to be this dark with just Pilsner malt & flaked oats. Even a closed transfer from the fermenter to the keg. Not picking up any oxidation (cardboard character) so I’m happy about that.

One of the best bangs for the buck in Scotch. Not necessarily cheap, but it’s 15 years old and is absolutely delicious.
The green is fantastic! Give Monkey Shoulder a go too, that is also an all-malt blend
20220408_225116.jpg

In the same price range you can also get Glenmorangie 10 and Glen Moray 12 and The Singleton, all of which are excellent single malts. My go to is this one:
20220408_225435.jpg

Last edited:
NOLA for a few days for work. So, of course, start with the first brewery I find on google. Escape the Pattern IPA from Courtyard Brewing.
View attachment 765407
I was in NoLA a couple times a few years ago. Courtyard definitely had some great beers. Nice variety of clean, sour, hoppy… not. Urban South was excellent also. Further north and east, Parleaux Beer Lab had some great beers, as did Brieux Carrie.

Latest posts

Back