What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ford's Martini with Carpano Dry and a couple of tomolives.
20220405_181244.jpg

Local stuff. I needed something To round out the four pack and figured I’d buy something that I’d never buy. There’s a reason I never buy stuff like this. Cherry key lime marshmallow sour. It’s apparently really popular. Shrug.
View attachment 765123
Yeah, I'd pass.

Long story short (too late), I have always disliked lagers for the bubblegum yeast flavor. Having made my first lager and none of that flavor showed up in mine, now I am on a mission to taste different lagers and see what I like about the malt and hops, knowing I can brew with minimal or non-existent yeast expression.

yesterday was Corona, neutral bitterness, some malt sweetness, could be anything really. The second glass had a slice of lime. Made a ton of difference.
F789679C-CE20-4FED-AAC4-75D3A69F3776.jpeg
Today, is Stella, and the bubblegum is back in force. Don’t get much of anything else in the way of flavors, it’s sweet, not bitter, vaguely Budweiser-esque.
44CDB007-BF9D-427A-8E6F-B01AD511BC30.jpeg

Not sure how I feel about this experiment, really.

Local stuff. I needed something To round out the four pack and figured I’d buy something that I’d never buy. There’s a reason I never buy stuff like this. Cherry key lime marshmallow sour. It’s apparently really popular. Shrug.
View attachment 765123
Guess ya never know till you’ve tried it. I probably would’ve bought one just for the can art. Sticker on the freezer.

Guess ya never know till you’ve tried it. I probably would’ve bought one just for the can art. Sticker on the freezer.
Yep I hear that. I peel the labels that I like (this is one) and stick them to an adhesive backed magnet for my beer fridge. All four cans I bought have really unique labels that I’m gonna turn into magnets

The last pour, in a fancy glass, of a surprisingly good partial mash, top off method, wheat ale. I'm down to one keg now.

One keg is only a problem because my brewing area is being redone, and I won't be able to brew for a month . And none of you are going to want pictures of the new brewing area because it's simply a kitchen, no brewing bling. The only nod I've given to brewing is a more powerful range hood.

Water while a guy wishlist down my property to quote me around 1300 ft of fence install. Once I see that number I’ll probably head straight for the liquor.

View attachment 765246

Are there bets? I'll start with $45k for privacy. Basic 2 rail-4ft high probably 20k.

OT coffee before shift starts.

Are there bets? I'll start with $45k for privacy. Basic 2 rail-4ft high probably 20k.

OT coffee before shift starts.

I guess I should disclose that this guy does it on the side with his dad and I’m going chain link. I’m hoping for 10k or less.

OT another Baltic Porter. This is a phenomenal beer and has really inspired me to get one brewed up.

9495E231-8D2E-4185-8B7D-86DA6C3E7254.jpeg

Back