What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13C37F83-9661-498B-8666-84736B350CC9.jpeg

Tester of HB bitter, needs another week to finish carbing up.

Done for the day. Tomorrow, I get to try my hand at mixing the red/black paint to create a dark maroon she wants. Luckily we have several colors lying around already. Given the price for wood these days, saving money on paint would be nice...

Speaking of nice. $2.50 Nitro action
PXL_20220302_215959178.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a screenshot of my water profile. Built from RO water.
View attachment 761265

and the end of the beer to stay OT

View attachment 761266
Calcium and Mg in good ranges. Sodium ridiculously low - I have a hard time getting under 50 even when I cut my tap water with distilled. I’m still struggling to understand the effect of sodium other than “salty”. You have about 2:1 sulfate to chloride and both at good levels. Seems decent enough, I like it. I’ve been going a little higher, maybe 2.5 to 1 sulfate to chloride for British beers. There’s something about calcium helping with hot break. I think the rule has been to try to get to 100 but also not to add chalk. I wouldn’t be unhappy at 78. Sometimes I struggle to get to 60 if I’m using distilled water.

Last edited:
Banded Peak Brewing Sour DIPA. I left out the hazy, even though it's in the name. Kind of a haze to it, I guess. :) It's a bit bitter, and a bit sour...nice grain finish, and they used Alberta-grown malt, from a company called Origin Malting & Brewing Co. Hey, 8% works too! 🤣 Cheers!

Edit: I guess all the 'haze' is in the bottom of the can! Poured the last little bit, and yup, there's some haze in the glass now. :mug:

Banded_Peak_SourIPA.jpg

You know that you're not going to maintain weight loss by drinking these, right? Anything above 5% ship this way. I'm here to save you!!

Well damn, this isn't going to help...

HB 7% Dubbel. About half way through the new West Side Story. Pianoman is very impressed with the music and choreography.

PXL_20220303_014012327.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
Back