What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers!
6ABE2AD6-985B-4AA5-9D76-3DC56913FBDB.jpeg

Too each his own... but what the heck is blackened tofu?

Tofu slices marinated in Cajun spices. Deep fried. It’s for the vegetarians in the family, but it’s pretty good. I marinated the pork in a blender full of margarita, so after smoking in the grill and basting, that’s my jam.

Bring on the Meat Sweats!

Tofu slices marinated in Cajun spices. Deep fried. It’s for the vegetarians in the family, but it’s pretty good. I marinated the pork in a blender full of margarita, so after smoking in the grill and basting, that’s my jam.

Bring on the Meat Sweats!

Sounds much better when you describe it.
Seems a pity to have a blender of margaritas and not drink it though.😊

Homemade Coconut curry with shrimp over Odon and the latest fiden’s release. Oh and hopefully watching the Cowboys lose View attachment 755979
Dude, if you made that it should be on the 'what I cooked this weekend' thread.
If you didn't make it just tell everyone that I made it.😊

Dude, if you made that it should be on the 'what I cooked this weekend' thread.
If you didn't make it just tell everyone that I made it.😊
I did make it haha I personally like it more when I use chicken thighs but my wife wanted shrimp tonight.

also, I didn’t now of that thread. The only food one I post in is “who’s smoking meat this weekend” lol

Last edited:
So back in April 2020, in the early days of Covid, my employer sent us home for a couple weeks with pay while they decided how to proceed. During that time I brewed 3 beers in 3 days, all one gallon batches. I used the same, single-hopped ipa recipe on each, but a different hop each day. For the first I used Simcoe, the second Falconers Flight, and the third I used Azacca. This afternoon, while cleaning, I found 4 bottles left over from those days. Three of the (Grolsch) bottles were unchilled and were completely flat. The fourth (pic below), was crown-capped and in my garage fridge, and fully carb'd. Drinking it now. It's actually pretty good, even if the hops aren't quite fresh. Wondering why the Grolsch style bottles all were flat. They were brand new at the time, and were being used for the first time. Would keg lube on the seals have helped? Or is there a difference between new and replacement seals? FWIW, I individually carb'd each bottle by adding sugar to each bottle when filling them. Also, the grolsch bottles I sampled when fresh, back in early summer '20 were fine. So it seems to me they went flat over time.

IMG-1358.jpg

Back