What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup haven't seen it in a couple years. Last it was released here in 2019? The bells representative told us the expedition and double cream stout were independently aged in bourbon barrels for about 18months and then blended BUT given that bourbon barrels vary in their character from year to year, if the end product doesn't live up to their standards then black note isn't released that year. Never had BA expedition on its own but LOVE that stout in its own right. My experience is 3-4yrs of aging regular expedition is the sweet spot.

Totally agree and the BA is even better! The majority of what you taste in black note is the expedition but the double cream tempers and smooths it out

HB Enigma Nelson Blonde
C73BBD1E-5142-40C3-9EBB-2AEBA3DC7415.jpeg

Huge fan of Long Trail. Wife and I spent Christmas 2001 in VT (just finished PhD and was working on east coast and went to VT for the holidays). Spent X-Mas eve at Long Trail and they had a huge celebration for employees and invited us as we were there right before they closed for the holiday. Big fun. Side note: had X-mas dinner at hotel and they informed us that Charles Bronson’s family was also having dinner there the same time. Every member male or female, looked like Charles Bronson.

Truly one of the, if not best session IPA I've had.

HB Brown and checking the Oktoberfest. Right at terminal. Not detecting any Diacetyl but starting rest anyway. Should be kegged before Saturday's Game. GBR!

PXL_20210825_002624784.jpg
PXL_20210825_004518484.PORTRAIT.jpg

Was only going to have one glass but new evacuations ordered in the Caldor fire getting closer to my granddaughter in South Lake Tahoe. Then just learned a new fire sprung up about 10-12 miles from dad in the foothills of the Sierras near Sonora. He said their prepping now. What a great day off..😟

Faak....
PXL_20210826_223326138.jpg

Back