What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triple Du Belgian.jpg

Most of this batch has been leaving lacing for the entire beer. This one may not but I'm blaming it on the crappy gaskets I bought. It's a HB Belgian, weighing in at 13-plus percent ABV.
As an aside, why is lacing mentioned/important? Does it prove that the density of the head is high or something? That's all I could come up with.
The beer, itself, isn't that good--sat too long in the fermenter. It's the kind of ordinary beer you would get when going out except for the high ABV.

The orange one is Wally. He loves to have a beer with me in the mornings after overnight shifts. Black and white is Edgar. We have a brown lady cat (Toasty) but she’s my wife’s shadow, unless it’s cat lunch time.
Give Wally a pat on the head for me (I love cats). Our cats are anti-beer for the most part. Beer-smell scares Hogarth (he used to be an outdoor cat and can be sensitive).
You are a cat owner for sure.
Heck, give them all a gentle pat on the head. Cats are my weakness.
Cheers.
Edit: I didn't catch Edgar in the photo--don't tell him I said that.

So you actually like the Lite Beer? I used to drink it decades ago. It was okay. What I did learn is that you could drink a sh**-ton of them and not get a hangover, I'm guessing because they are low-carb.
When I do drink macro lagers, and I have a choice, Lite is my first choice. I’ve been drinking it for 25 years since college. Busch light is typically my second choice.

Welp, that's one 26 footer packed to the gills...probably gonna get a 19 baby Uhaul to bring the last tidbits if we can't manage between all the back and forth trips.

Unpacked some stuff from it this evening, but the hired help bailed on us until tomorrow. *%*$(#&% air mattress tonight :(

And a much needed beer!

PXL_20210826_195948391.jpg

PXL_20210826_234634691.jpg

PXL_20210827_043533301.jpg

Welp, that's one 26 footer packed to the gills...probably gonna get a 19 baby Uhaul to bring the last tidbits if we can't manage between all the back and forth trips.

Unpacked some stuff from it this evening, but the hired help bailed on us until tomorrow. *%*$(#&% air mattress tonight :(

And a much needed beer!

View attachment 740401

Yup, moving sucks...had a giant red box stolen from me when I moved into a condo in Nelson, BC.

When you head to one of your fav packys to pick up a hot sauce made by a local whiskey blender and find one of your fav small nanos is distro'ing to your area, you have to support local. B&F helles lager

IMG_20210827_184729.jpg
IMG_20210827_184735.jpg
IMG_20210827_184739.jpg

And then when you stop for gas next to an offshoot fav packy just to see if there's anything interesting. So much for not spending money today but not bad for $100. Not the first time I wiped off their shelves. I should start a thread How's Your Stash
IMG_20210827_164934.jpg
IMG_20210827_165118.jpg
IMG_20210827_180752.jpg

Last edited:
A Brewsperiment from last Sept. Made a batch of British Brown ale last Sept, set aside a 6 pk to let it sit for a year to turn it into old ale. Sat in the freezing garage from Oct-March then transferred to the fridge. I'm very surprised it taste very good! I thought for sure it was gonna taste like garbage. Next week will be a year.
16301049463571021465207939365767.jpg
20210827_173959.jpg

Back