What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting my starter ready for tomorrow’s brew day. My first pale ale attempt. Split batch. One fermenter with Juice/other with US05. Mosaic/Waimea/Wakatu vs Simcoe/Citra/Nectaron. Idaho 7 for WP.
This Casa was a top 5 coffee porters ever.
3B0FB884-8AE7-4A02-A52B-056EB82B6ECE.jpeg

EDIT: Whups mixed up my quotes there...😊

Anyhow, I'm having a sample from my Cooper's Aussie Pale Ale NEIPA experiment...and wow. It might be one of the best I've brewed so far, stuck pump and all. 1.073-ish to 1.012-ish in just under three days, using the mighty Nottingham. Incredible 'juicy' flavours from some added Citra and silky mouthfeel from added oats. I cannot wait to carb this one! Woohoo!! :thumbsup:

AussieNEIPA.jpg

Last edited:
@SourLover talked to a craft beer dude at work. He suggests Fitzhugh Brewing. It's in the Jester King area. I haven't tried but trust his judgment.

After work begins..

View attachment 740058
Huge fan of Long Trail. Wife and I spent Christmas 2001 in VT (just finished PhD and was working on east coast and went to VT for the holidays). Spent X-Mas eve at Long Trail and they had a huge celebration for employees and invited us as we were there right before they closed for the holiday. Big fun. Side note: had X-mas dinner at hotel and they informed us that Charles Bronson’s family was also having dinner there the same time. Every member male or female, looked like Charles Bronson.

It was much better than their 5 Stripes. Guess I was just expecting to be blown away by WW after the hype (which may have been pre-being bought). Had the Basement IPA from Scofflaw from here in ATL and that is much better, IMHO.
IMHO, WW definitely changed when they got bought. Pernicious was always a more of a "traditional" IPA and never a NEIPA. Had solid flavor overall. Their "standard" beers they sell in grocery IMO got a little "thinner". However, their specialty beers you can only get around the brewery are still pretty solid. Funkatorium is totally bitchin too. So it seems there was a take off with being bought. They have more money to get creative with specialty beers, but at same time I think there were some minor modifications perhaps to some of their standard core lineups to maximize profits and sell a crap ton of.

Huge fan of Long Trail. Wife and I spent Christmas 2001 in VT (just finished PhD and was working on east coast and went to VT for the holidays). Spent X-Mas eve at Long Trail and they had a huge celebration for employees and invited us as we were there right before they closed for the holiday. Big fun. Side note: had X-mas dinner at hotel and they informed us that Charles Bronson’s family was also having dinner there the same time. Every member male or female, looked like Charles Bronson.

Haha, just like the Simpson's episode where they catch the wrong bus to 'Bronson' Missouri...lol. "No, pally, this is Bronson, Missouri." :D

Bronson.jpg

This is truly my all time favorite BBA stout, better than any other Ive had and its a blend! lol Got 4 2017 bottles left myself and a few other years. Noticed it wasn't released this year (or at least available to me in NC lol). Perfect blend of bourbon but the bourbon doesn't overpower the beer.

This is truly my all time favorite BBA stout, better than any other Ive had and its a blend! lol Got 4 2017 bottles left myself and a few other years. Noticed it wasn't released this year (or at least available to me in NC lol). Perfect blend of bourbon but the bourbon doesn't overpower the beer.

Yes absolutely one of the best. The blend of beers is BA expedition Stout (my personal all time fav) and BA double cream Stout. Both beers aren’t always made and the BA versions aren’t always ready at the same time so occasionally you’ll the individual parts on the shelf. It’s been a while since black note was released
BDC9A683-F097-4C61-852C-64A502E748D5.jpeg

Yes absolutely one of the best. The blend of beers is BA expedition Stout (my personal all time fav) and BA double cream Stout. Both beers aren’t always made and the BA versions aren’t always ready at the same time so occasionally you’ll the individual parts on the shelf. It’s been a while since black note was released
View attachment 740080
Yup haven't seen it in a couple years. Last it was released here in 2019? The bells representative told us the expedition and double cream stout were independently aged in bourbon barrels for about 18months and then blended BUT given that bourbon barrels vary in their character from year to year, if the end product doesn't live up to their standards then black note isn't released that year. Never had BA expedition on its own but LOVE that stout in its own right. My experience is 3-4yrs of aging regular expedition is the sweet spot.

Back