What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least another hour of boiling to go. This will tide me over...what could go wrong?

PXL_20210417_222156396.jpg

Mrs Mocha, from Chapman Crafted Beer in Old Town Orange, CA. Brewed with Brazil Natural Sul De Minas Coffee, TCHO Ecuador Organic Cacao Nibs, Vanilla Beans and Lactose. A 12.5% Pastry Stout. Decadent, but at 12.5% and only 25 IBUs it’s quite a bit sweeter than I prefer.

*Edit - can date 4/28/20 so canned about a year ago. Not getting much of the coffee, unfortunately.

A50145FD-3063-4A94-BC01-F4B12187CFC4.jpeg

Last edited:
Mrs Mocha, from Chapman Crafted Beer in Old Town Orange, CA. Brewed with Brazil Natural Sul De Minas Coffee, TCHO Ecuador Organic Cacao Nibs, Vanilla Beans and Lactose. A 12.5% Pastry Stout. Decadent, but at 12.5% and only 25 IBUs it’s quite a bit sweeter than I prefer.

*Edit - can date 4/28/20 so canned about a year ago. Not getting much of the coffee, unfortunately.

View attachment 726130

That's crazy. 12.5% with lactose and only 25IBU? Pure sugar. This Hanahpu I'm brewing is about 75IBU at 11.4%.

Wow, I haven’t had a Boddington’s in ages! I always liked the creamy, nitrogen-induced head. Nice beer. 👍🏻🍻
Someone posted a pic of one here recently and I happened to see it at the store today. It did have a creamy taste as advertised. I’m going to try to brew some English styles next, so needed some “research”. :)

HB Canadian Belgian witbier (wyeast 3864 PC)
7# pale wheat
3# Vienna
2# flaked wheat
Step mash, 1oz hallertau @60, .5oz @10, 1oz orange peel.
Three weeks @21C
View attachment 726102
Love springtime (and summer) in Montreal. When are we going to open the borders again? I miss my visits. 'Til then, Cheers!

I can't do any pain killers due to my gut issues. That's probably the worst of it, headaches have to just go away naturally.

Wife wraps up nursing school in a month, so I'm definitely on the up and up :) could do without the pain though. It's certainly not what I expected for the first dose. Sore arm, check! Everything else, wtf!

Enough “dry hops” and maybe you won’t care and if not keep going until you don’t care or fall asleep

feel better

image.jpg

they brewed a Porter and threw rice crispy treats in it
It does have a somewhat marshmallow note to it however I suspect an extract contributing to it because it’s more noticeable than I think a rice crispy treat would contribute
a decent beer but I much prefer their milk stout

This beer is toasty and sweet and enjoyable at the end of the day

Back