What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anchorage Brewing - Team Dog , all strata ipa fermenter on tangerines. Head retention is poor but this is one of the beet ipas I’ve had in a long time. View attachment 721361
Anchorage Brewery makes some phenomenal IPAs. There's a store near me that sells single cans, but damn they're expensive. Generally $7.99 to $10.99 a can.

Anchorage Brewery makes some phenomenal IPAs. There's a store near me that sells single cans, but damn they're expensive. Generally $7.99 to $10.99 a can.
That was $6.50 a can but this double was $8.50/can. Origin - all southern passion hopped double ipa. Yeah. I’m just thoroughly impressed with them.
75B3177E-C9C2-4CF2-9F83-58B19CD94F25.jpeg

D4F37B76-E1CE-42E6-A7F4-95F8EEB559E6.jpeg
This while I watching season three of TWD with my oldest. She’s hooked on this show and keeps asking questions about what’s going to happen and what not. She hates that I don’t give her any info. 🤣
For the beer this is phenomenal!!! So smooth for being 10% but just amazing flavor from all Citra (my favorite hop). I could drink this all day long too!
Had another local IPA earlier (no photo) while roasting coffee in the garage and finally taking down the outdoor Christmas lights. The snow has melted enough and the sun was out to warm things up enough to make it bearable (still in the 20’s today).

Beautiful NE Colorado day today. I got quite a few odd jobs done. Now some water. It’s hard to believe this and Lite were my go-to beers many moons ago.
View attachment 721397
I’ll still slug down a Busch or four at some friends houses, But I know what ya mean. It’s amazing how quickly they slide down nowadays haha.

OT: post coffee roast/pre supper prep thirst quenching.
5BE74FE4-3724-4374-9A1B-813A0F4186D0.jpeg

What size batch do you make grampa? It seems like you have something brewing quite often. I’m looking to reduce my batches down to 3 gallons instead of five to give myself a little more variety more often. I just need a couple more small kegs.
I do a 5gal and a 3gal. 3 gallon for one of my fave styles and the 5 gallon for family and friends who like basic styles like pale lager or Amber ale..nothing fancy. I still have cousins and friends who can't get past Bush, Heineken or Budweiser. No sence of beer adventure...so sad.

Starting out with this. Perfect on this warm day after a dump run! Also, Pre-gaming for a share tonight.

View attachment 720905
Nothing wrong with smashed otter. Good beer! I just spent 5 min explaining to my wife that smashed otter was for single malt and single hop and that no Otters were actually hurt during the brewing of that beer 😂😂😂😂

HB Irish red
50E6E48D-B8A6-45D2-9940-76802003B68E.jpeg

Best tasting fish out there IMHO
For fresh water I think walleye and crappie are definitely the best.
For sure! I’m one of those weird guys that loves bullheads though too. The flooded gravel pits and ponds near my childhood farm were loaded with them. Besides pike during the winter, it was the only fish I’d probably eaten until I was into my teens.

HB Irish red
View attachment 721434

For sure! I’m one of those weird guys that loves bullheads though too. The flooded gravel pits and ponds near my childhood farm were loaded with them. Besides pike during the winter, it was the only fish I’d probably eaten until I was into my teens.
I grew up in the NYS Catskills mountains, Native Rainbow and Browns were our stream delicacies. Then Striper when they ran the Hudson in the spring

Got some odds and ends done around the house today. Switched up some lighting, hung some string lights in my daughters room for her. Took a whole car load of old clothes and toys to the thrift store. Had some great sun and while it was still in the negatives (celsius), spring was definitely in the air. Enjoyed a nice session strength smash ipa (golden promise and mosaic) while making a tasty Sunday night dinner.
17CB8DD8-A775-4C4E-8571-8DD1FA2FFC89.jpeg
D0FEA579-515E-4616-AF84-9A84DB56B038.jpeg

Back