What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vino
PXL_20201212_032600022.jpg

That looks fkn phenomenal.

Nice!
How is your experience with lutra? Its too cool here to mess around with kviek yeasts right now, but lutra caught my eye a few months ago. Sounds like something I might need to look into.

I've only used Lutra just the one time. I kept fermentation temps around 82° and used a blow-off the entire time...all of 36 hours. Took it from 1.052 to 1.012, sounding like a motorboat for much of the fermentation. Violent. But mine never dropped clear. Brewed in September, but to this day it's still quite murky, unlike the clear pics I've seen from other users. Tastes quite good to me though, no off flavors. I'm definitely going to use it again, I think it has a lot of potential across many different styles.

Not right now but last night I had a Brooklyn dark chocolate stout that had been sitting in the pantry for 4 years, it had developed very dark cherry like notes.
I should probably drink the other pretty soon as it will probably cross the line between well-aged and malt vinegar in max 6 months, but damn it's good now.

Another from the 2020 BOC. This one is from @TBC.
Crabapple Lambick. Love the funk! Could use a tad bit more carbonation. But overall a great funky beer!!!

View attachment 710025
Thanks for the feedback. That is my first lambic. From what I read they take a little bit to carbonate so I’d say age the other 2 and the funk should change also.

4EDB765B-9F92-466A-B123-887F3F8166F0.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback. That is my first lambic. From what I read they take a little bit to carbonate so I’d say age the other 2 and the funk should change also.

View attachment 710032
For sure!!!! One of those bottles won’t be opened for a few years! Wonderful barnyard funk (that’s a compliment). Can’t wait to see how this matures over time !

Back