What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16069534334267045123379348156968.jpg

HB double NEIPA brewed with Riwaka and Cascade hotside and heavily dryhoped with Galaxy and Nelson. It has a grapefruit and earth/dank base with bright notes of passionfruit and white wine musk. Totally diggin this hop combo
EC21E9BE-ECB0-4851-8820-209B1B400479.jpeg

Last edited:
@PianoMan made me do it!

One of the few beers I have a visceral hate for after pasteurizing the original but then I have to fight myself because it's a good damn beer

Still have infected bottles in the cellar tho. If you ever want to have an experience try an infected bottle. It's bad on so many levels and keeps going higher. I actually mean it. Plus no I'll effects to stomach
IMG_20201203_164524.jpg

You certainly impress me. Idk how you have time or energy to brew during and after harvest/storage season
Brewing doesn’t take much energy, and I can set aside a few hours for a brewday without a lot of advance planning.

Yesterday I finished delivering a 5000 bushel wheat contract, which consisted of roughly equal parts waiting for the truck to get full, driving to and from the grain elevator (about an hour, round trip) and waiting in line at the elevator. Lather, rinse, repeat, 6 times over a couple of days. Today there wasn’t anything that absolutely had to be done right now, my wife is the guest of honor at a belated birthday lunch/quilting party organized by a couple of her friends, so I have the afternoon to brew. Being self employed and living in the middle of nowhere, where there aren’t a lot of other distractions helps. :cool:

Brewing doesn’t take much energy, and I can set aside a few hours for a brewday without a lot of advance planning.

Yesterday I finished delivering a 5000 bushel wheat contract, which consisted of roughly equal parts waiting for the truck to get full, driving to and from the grain elevator (about an hour, round trip) and waiting in line at the elevator. Lather, rinse, repeat, 6 times over a couple of days. Today there wasn’t anything that absolutely had to be done right now, my wife is the guest of honor at a belated birthday lunch/quilting party organized by a couple of her friends, so I have the afternoon to brew. Being self employed and living in the middle of nowhere, where there aren’t a lot of other distractions helps. :cool:
Glad you found the time! My fathers in the greenhouse nursery business and it was a busy busy year. He just closed for the season so I have a feeling he’s going to pretty much hibernate lol

Im incredibly curious about that. I've only played with cinnamon in a few ciders, but I'm trying to formulate an oatmeal cookie stout type recipe and had debated tossing some cinnamon sticks into the fermenter with the vanilla, but im afraid the little buggers will be overpowering. If you dont mind my asking, what kind of additions are you doing and what kinda flavors are you achieving??
Sorry for the delay, didn't see the notification until just now.
It is pretty much a standard all grain ale with 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon added at the start of the boil (5gal batch). The beer doesn't taste like cinnamon per se but has a mild to medium spice flavor. Aging took longer than normal before the cinnamon flavoring melded well with it.
Grain bill:
8# Rahr 2 row
0.5# chocolate
0.5# carapils
I used 1oz of centennial hop pellets boiled 60 min.
I used yeast that I saved from a previous batch, originally it was Safeale US-05

Back