What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Einstok Olgead
Icelandic Wee Heavy
20201121_175651.jpg

SanJuanWorm is a fellow Canadian. Since we never threw the monarchy out, we can walk into the local grocery store (even Walmart) to buy some golden treacle. Next time you need just look north of the border instead of across the pond!

The "British/European" section at the local Co-op is a great source for strange, sugary items, including treacle. Wasn't aware of the traditional recipe @seanjwalker1 but I did add some extra sugar ;)

Had to take car in to the dealership for some recall work and to have them check after my parked car got hit in a mishap a couple weeks back. No damage found from incident, so decided to celebrate with a flight at a nearby brewery. View attachment 707239
left to right - ginger pale ale, wet hopped pale ale, esb, dipa.

Nice spread! Don't crash the car on the way home... :rock:

Having some Jägermeister and maybe some red wine later on. Bit knackered today, might have an early night.
New brew is looking great, and tastes great, but even with the turbo-Voss treatment, and a touch of gelatine, it's going to need a week or so. :D

Nice color. I got some free Scottish Ale yeast. Care to share recipe?
Thanks!

this one has some peat smoked malt in it, if you don't want that I would just bump up the pale to make up the difference.
76% 2 row pale ale
3.5% smoked peat malt
10.25% amber
10.25% crystal 120
22ibu ekg @60
6ibu ekg @30
60 minute mash at 156, 60 minute boil

That's a great brewery in K.C. Had the chance to quench my thirst there 3 years ago when one of my daughter's graduated from KU. I still have 3 Boulevards Wheats in storage. Nice glass!

That has been my favorite glass over many years now. I like stemmed glasses for the thermal aspects, and have acquired more than a few different ones, but this one is just plain handsome, imo. I bought a pair from Boulevard back then, but finally murdered one a few months ago. That glass has been out of production for some time, but they are still selling them on eBay, so I bought another pair to get the gang back together :D

Cheers!

Back