What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I can’t seem to get a respectable clone figured out, I guess I’ll pay them to make it.:mad:
Newest batch kegged tonight and another swing and a miss! I’ve decided cold steeping the roasted barley isn’t the answer either... 2 batches in a row that taste like the bottom of a fire place.
8FA27EDE-9E30-4F0B-99CE-2F26808C469E.jpeg

Me too. Chimay also. Maudite is still one of my favorite dubbels!!
Yeah, chimay was up there too! Of course, it took me years to realize that these were Quebec interpretations of classic Belgian styles, I just knew that they had a tastes very different and distinct from your macro lagers and ales and that I liked them a lot. Man, the first time I paired a bottle of Maudite with a venison roast I was in heaven! You a fellow canucklehead or just have good access to Canadian beer?

Yeah, chimay was up there too! Of course, it took me years to realize that these were Quebec interpretations of classic Belgian styles, I just knew that they had a tastes very different and distinct from your macro lagers and ales and that I liked them a lot. Man, the first time I paired a bottle of Maudite with a venison roast I was in heaven! You a fellow canucklehead or just have good access to Canadian beer?
I am not, but have access here in Orlando Florida of all places lol!!

02DD4234-3C0F-43F7-B8B1-BE4DF4A47996.jpeg

Follow up from a night of joyous love. I have to say, this is/was the most enjoyable O’Fest I’ve had. Tasted different from what I’ve had in the bottle. The head was everlasting, clean, just heavenly. American versions are quite heavy and caramelized. I have another keg cooling.....

View attachment 701983
Follow up from a night of joyous love. I have to say, this is/was the most enjoyable O’Fest I’ve had. Tasted different from what I’ve had in the bottle. The head was everlasting, clean, just heavenly. American versions are quite heavy and caramelized. I have another keg cooling.....
The head on that beer is ridiculous! It's like never ending creamy foam. I have about half a keg left.

Back