What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found in the back of my son-in-law's fridge.
20201008_182615_resized.jpg

Big Sky RIS from 2015.
20201008_182615_resized.jpg
20201008_182634_resized.jpg

It's aged quite well.

6A2F8E47-D7FC-4754-9C8F-541B5C5DBACC.jpeg
One more tonight. It’s crazy to see 3 Floyd’s on the shelves in NY! It’s ok...

If anyone on here sends me a friend request on Untappd and I decline it’s nothing personal. I’ve received a bunch of friend requests on there and it’s sometimes hard figuring out if it’s someone from here or not. Especially if your username isn’t the same or close. If that happens please message me on here.

Last edited:
Black coffee while brewing an Irish Extra Stout. The color is going to be way off - although BrewGr had it much darker. Going to be an Irish Extra Dry Brown Ale.
View attachment 701589
I’m experiencing the same problem with a Guinness clone in my fermenter right now. My last batch had an ashy taste so I backed off the roasted barley on this one... now it’s too light, bordering on brown. I’m thinking of cold steeping the 2 oz I left out, boiling that, then adding at kegging to get my color back where it needs to be. I’ll make that decision this weekend when it’s scheduled to be kegged.

Last edited:
I tried to make a sort of kellerpils and seem to have failed. Getting just a slight bandaidiness that’s completely ruining everything else. Might need to quit direct pitching slurry as it’s the second time this has happened this year. Maybe it’ll condition out...
6FD87F0C-CDF4-42EA-AA28-DE93C8C46B7D.jpeg

Needed another to make up for the disappointment.

80019D60-3ACC-4007-9880-158D47CA8A13.jpeg

I’m experiencing the same problem with a Guinness clone in my fermenter right now. My last batch had an ashy taste so I backed off the roasted barley on this one... now it’s too light, bordering on brown. I’m thinking of cold steeping the 2 oz I left out, boiling that, then adding at kegging to get my color back where it needs to be. I’ll make that decision this weekend when it’s scheduled to be kegged.
It’s a bit frustrating. I looked back at a Milk Stout that I brewed last year and used the same % of roasted and % of black malt (vs. chocolate). Brewgr had it very dark (SRM = 41) but it is certainly a brown ale. And I hit my efficiency as well.

After pedaling my bicycle around Manassas for 25.37 miles today (and over 1,615 miles in 2020) I'm enjoying my own Blackberry Wheat. IMHO, believe I've earned it.

Blackberry Wheat.jpg

Was going to brew on Saturday, but the latest tropical storm/hurricane is forecast to bring us rain Sunday thru Tuesday. So, I'm rescheduling brewing until Monday (will brew a British Mild) and go on a bicycle ride on Saturday instead.

My Hazelnut Brown.
Hazelnut Brown.jpg

I've had more compliments from people over the years for the brew. Usually, initially, they are skeptical due to the hazelnut. They are unsure. I explain the brewing process, how this beer was made and they agree to taste a sample. "Only a sample." As they lower the sample glass they are grabbing for the bottle as they want more.

Normally, I'm asked, "Do you sell this?" or "Why don't you open a brewery?" I laugh and say, "No, I don't sell, but I'm willing to share with my friends.".

View attachment 701790@Dgallo made me buy this. 😂 I’ve enjoyed most beers with Sabro in it but his comments about this beer made me buy it while I was out and saw it on the shelves. It is a tasty brew for sure!
I’m going to consider myself an influencer. I think it was the best single hop Sabro beer I’ve had lol

A Tripel HB. I posted in "Fermentation and Yeast" forum asking what is the best way to figure ABV for high-ABV beers. Got two polite responses but no definitive response. I used (OG-FG)X131.25 which is reportedly less accurate for high-ABV beers. When I plugged the numbers into the "Alternate" calculation on Brewer's Friend, I got over 15% ABV for an OG of 1.104 and a FG of 1.004. My beer is really strong but that's just my observation.
In any case, here's my eye-crossingly high-ABV Tripel. It's pretty good. Three weeks in the primary and two months in the bottle.
beer100920.jpg

Back