What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11yr old GD and I did our first cobbler. A peach/raspberry. She be a hit so far but need something to go with it..

IMG_20200911_134110.jpg

After a 23 mile bicycle ride in steady, PITA, winds from the NE and E, I'm enjoying my own Spotted Cow. At least I hoped for a Spotted Cow. I brewed a recipe I found on HBT. IMO, is a fine cream ale, but I'm, at this time, unsure it's a Spotted Cow.

Anyone have a Spotted Cow tap to sell for a reasonable price?

HB Pale Ale. Off to watch my second grandson, Andrew, play football later tonite. Last week he set a school record by rushing for 308 yards and 5 touchdowns. No one expects a repeat performance tonight except Andrew. :cool:
View attachment 697989

That’s one more than Al !!!
35911912-7948-48BA-9611-759A8A1291FC.jpeg

ISO that glass! No really, family busted my others...🙄

Someone said Parabola...
View attachment 697986View attachment 697987

That is my favorite glass, if only I could remember who gave it to me! I believe he was a Husker fan near Austin, TX. He was going to send me a second one in a FOTD or FOTHB trade and I told him don’t worry about it because I already had one. Had I not done that I could have sent you one! 🤣
E2D17CC7-0EEE-40F9-8576-3E7182919638.jpeg

I'm drinkin' bourbon, I'm drinkin' scotch, I'm drinkin' beer.
Not really. Just beer. HB. Tripel. The carbonation is coming along well. Got the basement at 71°F thanks to the dehumidifier kicking out heat in conjunction with sucking water out of the air. The carbonation is at the low end of my preference. It needs to age, technically, for about three months but it's fine right now. I'll have over 200, 16oz beers by the end of the month. Nice number.
george thorogood.jpg

isn’t bad enough to dump
Every beer I had when I was a youngster. Grin and bear it.
Edit: I've been cooking/brewing beer for almost six years and I've only had to dump six bottles. That's not because of flavor but because I was new to adding fruit (turned some into gushers which could have been dangerous).
I used to drink Narraganset beers though so I don't think I had a bottom rung.

Why willing to dump?

This was a bit of an experimental batch. I fermented under pressure and temps hit close to 80F. Straight out of the fermenter it seemed surprisingly clean. After a couple weeks in the keg, it’s almost too clean (as in lifeless) but with some fusels going on in the background. Just not a good beer.

Back