What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Talked up you buddies Brewery on Reddit. Someone in Orcutt. Unfortunately, dad and I decided to cancel the SLO trip in fall.

Another Red Horn WinnerView attachment 690961
I would think anyone in Orcutt would be familiar with Humdinger, although it is across the county line 😊

Yeah, I've had to cancel a trip to Minnesota to visit our son, and our family trip back home to NY was axed as well. Hopefully next year.

Cleared nicely
Thanks. This is my house Pilsner that I absolutely love. I had a couple bottles reserved for the fair and another sixer bottled for trades. The fair has been canceled so I’m gonna drink these mothers. Hope to brew another batch this weekend.

Thanks. This is my house Pilsner that I absolutely love. I had a couple bottles reserved for the fair and another sixer bottled for trades. The fair has been canceled so I’m gonna drink these mothers. Hope to brew another batch this weekend.
Wrote it was a HB recipe. Mine providing details (recipe)? Thanks.

Wrote it was a HB recipe. Mine providing details (recipe)? Thanks.
To be honest, it started as a kit from MoreBeer that I renamed, so I can’t take total credit for it. You can find it on their website as Charlie Esser’s Father in law pils. Nothing fancy...
5 gallon batch
9 lbs Pilsner malt
4oz crystal 10L
4oz carapils
Mash 149° 60 minutes
Ca: 28 Mg: 1 Na: 9 SO4: 15 Cl: 35
Estimated pH 5.39
Boil 60 minutes
2 oz Saaz (2.8%) 60 min 15.8 IBUs
1.5 oz Saaz (2.8%) 15 min 5.9 IBUs
.5 oz Saaz (2.8%) 1 min 0.2 IBUs
OG 1.050. FG 1.009
I’ve used both 34/70 and Diamond lager yeast at 54° and can’t really tell a difference.

I’ve traded this with several other members and they all say it’s great.
The most recent was @wepeeler and @Section1
I think @fourfarthing , @PianoMan , @passedpawn and @DrGMG have had it too.

Last edited:
To be honest, it started as a kit from MoreBeer that I renamed, so I can’t take total credit for it. You can find it on their website as Charlie Esser’s Father in law pils. Nothing fancy...
5 gallon batch
9 lbs Pilsner malt
4oz crystal 10L
4oz carapils
Mash 149° 60 minutes
Estimated pH 5.39
Boil 60 minutes
OG 1.050. FG 1.009
I’ve used both 34/70 and Diamond lager yeast at 54° and can’t really tell a difference.

Looks good. Thanks!

5 gallon batch
9 lbs Pilsner malt
4oz crystal 10L
4oz carapils
Mash 149° 60 minutes
Estimated pH 5.39
Boil 60 minutes
OG 1.050. FG 1.009

love this beer

A few years back the 16oz cans of surge started to appear randomly. I think it comes and goes because I won't find it for a few months, then a local Kwik Trip will have it in stock and I'll buy like six cans. Good stuff. Tastes exactly the same to me but a few of my friends claim its a little different. Makes me wanna fire up some old computer games haha.

Back