What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Coffee Porter
7DACCE44-7DBE-4B98-A010-A96B86BF65E8.jpeg

Love SE Texas but love The Hill Country even more. All my grown kids and grandkids live in the Houston area(Katy, Cypress, Fresno). I miss living in San Antonio. I'd settle for just about anywhere in Texas vs frozen Michigan but my wife hates the heat.
I grew up here. As I get older the heat is getting hotter. Being in Oregon ruined me I think. And it's just so flat here. The little town I live in is about as backwards as you can get. Still a lot of kkk here. I can drive twenty minutes in any direction and be in a much better area. South East Texas itself is not bad, it's mainly this one little particular town.

Short pour of HB Mosaic SMaSH while mashing the grist for a Bullwinkle Brown.
what grain did you use for your smash? I just tried the mosaic smash ipa I brewed two weeks ago. I based it off of one I tried from a local brewery that I really enjoyed. Mosaic with golden promise and I used voss kveik for yeast. pretty happy with how it turned out.

what grain did you use for your smash? I just tried the mosaic smash ipa I brewed two weeks ago. I based it off of one I tried from a local brewery that I really enjoyed. Mosaic with golden promise and I used voss kveik for yeast. pretty happy with how it turned out.

I’ve used Maris Otter in the past, but didn’t have any on hand. I used Breiss Pale Ale for this batch.

The wife and I had a glass each of a wild flower honey mead that we made from my neighbor's bee hives. It was aged 5 months in a small keg and it is absolutely fantastic! I have been brewing beer for 18 years but this was my/our first go at making a mead and man am I glad we did!

John

View attachment 688925
Something Australian called Bundaberg. Thought it was way too sweet, then came inside and read the can. It's rum and coke!
4.6 ABV.

Yeah that things are good. In Costa Rica you can get a six packs of cuba libres :) ... lemme try and find a pic

Edit: must have deleted the pic or never had taken one

Last edited:
Back