What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_8485.JPG

Hen House’s “Pure Black” Black Saison and a collaboration with Pure Black Inc.
Untappd’s Description:
Black saison packed with Wolf hops, chocolate wheat and dark candy syrup. Worchester to collaborate with our friends over at pure black Inc. to brew up something so dark roast to you and devilishly good. Prepare for your senses to be graced with dried cherry black tea Coca-Cola and slight earthliness.

This is why I love FotD and other beer trades! It’s a beer I would easily pass on b/c I’m just starting to get into Saisons but would be afraid to try a dark one like this. I don’t know enough about this style to say how it compares but it’s pretty good and a pleasant surprise!

HB Stout while pondering how to achieve this water profile for the Westvleterian 12 clone. Chemicals are easy but to get pH, I'd need 1.25lbs or 5% acid malt. Seems like a lot. I don't want to sour it. Anyone have experience in this arena? I use RO and remineralize.
IMG_20200114_211647.jpeg

Back